In the Ear Training 101 course you learned how to identify melodic notes and intervals. In this exercise-filled, 49-video course, Gregg Fine teaches you how to hear chords and harmonies. Educate your ears!
• New look and feel
• Animated 3D background
• Updated video player engine
• New menu with section names
• Improved support across all platforms
Ratings and Reviews
Overall great app, except one very annoying bug
The instructor Gregg Fine obviously knows his stuff and I have gone through almost half of the curriculum. Years ago I graduated from Berklee College of Music and wanted to refresh my harmonic listening skills and was delighted with the material overall. Gregg walks you through the concepts of dyad, triad and seventh chord structures and then plays different chord r recognition exercises and you simply guess and then he shows you the correct answer. So far I have breezed through half the program but it is doing the good job of refreshing my listening skills.
But here are my two (related) problems:
- The app often does not load. I hope the developer can fix this. I click on the icon and nothing happens. I click again and again then finally it opens. Ok minor nuisance except that...
- when it opens you have a menu of chapters. I though I could get back to where i left off. That menu does not work. When I choose the last chapter I was at, the application just crashes and I have to sit through clicking it again. I found that once it loaded if I chose the home button ie Intro chapter then it works. But I have to fast forward through several chapters to get to where I am in the program. This is very annoying. Will be sending an email to developer.
Other than that kudos to the material itself. I am half way through it and enjoying.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.