A comprehensive guide to the great wines of Burgundy, with detailed interactive maps of its renowned vineyards (known as climats), from Montrachet to Chambertin. Includes a guide to the top producers and a GPS function for your visits to the vineyards.
Features of ClimaVinea:
• An interactive version of Sylvain Pitiot’s authoritative new maps, published in his book The Climats and Lieux-Dits of the Great Vineyards of Burgundy (2012 and 2014). Includes the most recent scholarship on the origins of parcel names from Marie-Hélène Landrieu.
• The Who’s Who of producers: profiles and wine lists for 135 elite estates and negociants, to help you build a cellar and make informed choices from restaurant wine lists. The list is entirely impartial (there are no ads or sales linked to this app), the selection being based on the collective judgments of the best international critics over several vintages. (Not a comprehensive list of all producers.)
• An encyclopedic reference that will satisfy your curiosity and help you deepen your knowledge of the history, culture, and vineyards that produce great wines of Burgundy—knowledge that enhances the pleasure of exploring and drinking them.
• A powerful search engine helps you find reliable, precise information. Whether you are a professional, connoisseur, collector, or student of wine, with ClimaVinea you can find a vineyard on the map and look up its surface area and other facts, check whether a producer makes a certain wine, discover the characteristics of an appellation, and more.
• A GPS function guides you through the vineyards when you visit Burgundy.
• Includes both French and English versions, with the option to switch back and forth. - A must have for anyone seriously interested in the wines of Burgundy.
This updated version reflects the latest changes at top estates through October 2018. Improved GPS function to help you locate your position when touring the vineyards. Correction of minor bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Hands down the best burgundy resource to date. Leave Clive at home and carry this in your pocket!
Full maps of burgundy in amazing detail, even a button to which from Climats to Lieu-dits. I love the producer index as well as the toponymy, where I can look up the meaning of any name, in particular the names of vineyards.
Not all of Burgundy
I’m incredibly disappointed in the fact that Chablis, Côte Chalonnaise and Mâconnais are not included. Last I knew those where part of Burgundy. The information for Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune is second to none but why leave out Chalonnaise AND Chablis??? What a waste of money if you aren’t going to include all of Burgundy.
- 446.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 17+ for the following:
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Viavinea SAS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.