Find the best route to your destination even without an internet connection. Magic Earth uses OpenstreetMap data and a powerful search engine to offer you the optimal routes for driving, biking, hiking and public transportation.
• We do not track you. We do not profile you. We do not trade in your personal data; moreover, we do not have it.
• Save big on mobile internet costs and navigate reliably with offline maps powered by OpenStreetMap. 233 countries and regions are ready to be downloaded.
• Choose between 2D, 3D and Satellite map views.
• Get ready for travel and know every detail of your route like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
• Learn more about the points of interest near you from Wikipedia articles.
• Spot nearby parking places to easily park your car.
• Stay up-to-date and enjoy regular free map updates.
• Connect to Apple CarPlay and enjoy the ultimate navigation experience.
• Find the fastest or the shortest route to your destination when you travel by car, bike, on foot or with public transport.
• Plan your route with multiple waypoints.
• Stay safe with the free Head-up Display (HUD) feature which projects the most important navigation info onto the windshield of your car.
• Know in advance which lane to take with precise turn-by-turn navigation and lane assistance.
• Get notified about speed cameras and stay up to date with current speed limits.
• Get real-time traffic info, updated every minute.
• Discover alternative routes that avoid the traffic jams and save you time on the road.
• Get around town quickly and easily. Choose from public transit routes that combine all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / train / ferry
• Get walking directions, transfer times, departure times, number of stops. And when available, the cost.
• Find wheelchair or bike friendly public transportation.
• View current temperature and local weather forecast for your favorite locations.
• See what weather conditions to expect in the next hours and view the forecast for the next 14 days.
* Some features are not available in all countries.
* Some features require internet connection.
• There is a dedicated settings now for iOS 13 Dark/Light mode, Night Mode: System
• Old behaviour is back with Night Mode: Automatic
• Fixed issues related to Apple Watch application
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A decent Navi app with a little thing off
I have tried different offline map navigation app, and this is by far the best I have found in my opinion. I don’t need to pay some sort of “premium” for some unworthy features like traffic or lane assistance (like Sygic). Or there might be some commercial popping up when I need to navigate. It really is free and easy to use.
The only problem I have encountered so far is that it sometimes guides me to frontage road and back to freeway when there is no heavy traffic or accidents along the freeway. That’s really bizarre. This could be misleading in some ways. The developer team need to find out why it happened and fix it. Because it would cause unnecessary wasting time.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are happy that you like Magic Earth, our completely free navigation software. To check the problem that you brought to our attention, please send us some examples of routes on which you experienced this issue. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks and hope to hear from you. All the best!
Teetering on the brink of greatness.
As someone who likes to drive for fun, Magic Earth is phenomenal. The combination of topo data with satellite imagery looks stunning on my carplay display, and makes finding winding hillclimbs and valley switchbacks a joy. It is so close to being all-conquering I don't want the following criticism to dissuade anyone from trying it. Download it. It's stunning. That said...
There are some minor things that drive me nuts:
- I can't access the settings menu while plugged into carplay. Yeah safety etc but even while stationary I can't seem to, for example, change map type without un-carplaying and going to the menu.
- The route numbers on roads are TINY! The road names are a squiggly font. Not readable.
- I wish it could store more data on my device for using satellite and topo map. I have a top end iPhone, I'd happily assign 50gb to this app but alas, it is capped at like... 3gb? It's not 2012 anymore.
- A real-time compass would be welcome. Not just showing "N" when you are going north, but a proper compass. Compasses are good.
Best Navigation App For Open Street Map
I have been trying to find an app for navigation for the past 6 months. Believe me when I tell you that I have tried them all. There are some good ones out there but none can hold a candle to this one. Others have search problems, speed limit problems to especially routing problems. I have yet to find any problems with this one. If anyone can find a flaw, I will. Cheers to the guys and girls who made this app possible to run as smooth as it does.
Developer Response ,
Many thanks for taking the time to review the app! We are very glad that you enjoy Magic Earth. Did you know that you can make the app even better? Join the OSM community and let's map the world together! Edit the map of your region on www.openstreetmap.org and our next map updates will include your changes. (more on mapping at bit.ly/2Npoy2K and bit.ly/2GnAvWm) Best wishes from our team!
- General Magic GmbH
- 128.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2019 General Magic
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.