Find the best route to your destination even without an internet connection. Magic Earth uses OpenStreetMap data and a powerful search engine to offer you the optimal routes for driving, biking, hiking, and public transportation.
• We do not track you. We do not profile you. We do not trade in your personal data; moreover, we do not have it.
• Save big on mobile internet costs and navigate reliably with offline maps powered by OpenStreetMap. 233 countries and regions are ready to be downloaded.
• Choose between 2D, 3D, and Satellite map views.
• Get ready for travel and know every detail of your route like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
• Learn more about the points of interest near you from Wikipedia articles.
• Spot nearby parking places to easily park your car.
• Stay up-to-date and enjoy regular free map updates.
• Improve safe driving and avoid accidents. Receive alerts to potential problems on the road and record your trip.
• AI DashCam features Driver Assistance warnings and Dash Cam functionality.
• Avoid collisions and accidents with Driver Assistance warnings: Headway Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Pedestrian Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Leaving Lane Warning, Stop & Go Assist.
• Record the road ahead during navigation to have an aid in the event of a collision or incident.
• Driver Assistance warnings and Recordings are available when the device is on a car mount in landscape mode, with a clear view of the road ahead.
• Connect to Apple CarPlay and enjoy the ultimate navigation experience.
• Find the fastest or the shortest route to your destination when you travel by car, bike, on foot or with public transport.
• Plan your route with multiple waypoints.
• Stay safe with the free Head-up Display (HUD) feature which projects the most important navigation info onto the windshield of your car.
• Know in advance which lane to take with precise turn-by-turn navigation and lane assistance.
• Get notified about speed cameras and stay up to date with current speed limits.
• Get real-time traffic info, updated every minute.
• Discover alternative routes that avoid traffic jams and save you time on the road.
• Get around town quickly and easily. Choose from public transit routes that combine all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / train / ferry
• Get walking directions, transfer times, departure times, number of stops. And when available, the cost.
• Find wheelchair or bike-friendly public transportation.
• View current temperature and local weather forecasts for your favorite locations.
• See what weather conditions to expect in the next hours and view the forecast for the next 14 days.
* Some features are not available in all countries.
* Some features require internet connection.
• Adjustments for new iPhone 12 models
• Bug fixes and optimisations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A decent Navi app with a little thing off
I have tried different offline map navigation app, and this is by far the best I have found in my opinion. I don’t need to pay some sort of “premium” for some unworthy features like traffic or lane assistance (like Sygic). Or there might be some commercial popping up when I need to navigate. It really is free and easy to use.
The only problem I have encountered so far is that it sometimes guides me to frontage road and back to freeway when there is no heavy traffic or accidents along the freeway. That’s really bizarre. This could be misleading in some ways. The developer team need to find out why it happened and fix it. Because it would cause unnecessary wasting time.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are happy that you like Magic Earth, our completely free navigation software. To check the problem that you brought to our attention, please send us some examples of routes on which you experienced this issue. You can email us at email@example.com. Thanks and hope to hear from you. All the best!
I have been using GPS devices for 3 decades. I live in a country where it is still not possible to buy anything from the App Store. That is why it is very important that this App is really free, and there are no hidden costs. This off line GPS App is to be recommended. Guided precisely, I especially like rotating the map in a circular motion, which many autonomous (and expensive) devices do not. Clear, Intuitive, Simple. Clear functions. Huge selection of maps. Easy insertions points between the start and end point of the trip. Good choice of voices. Excellent organization of POI folders. It connects perfectly with the phonebook, with addresses from existing maps, house numbers are accurate. For those who use the HUD function - it works great. There is also the possibility of a dash cam. My rating is 10, if there was a possibility to save the programmed route, the rating would be 10+. This App is in the spirit of today, uses all the features of a smartphone. It can serve as an example to many device and software manufacturers. Kudos to the whole team who worked on this project.
Teetering on the brink of greatness.
As someone who likes to drive for fun, Magic Earth is phenomenal. The combination of topo data with satellite imagery looks stunning on my carplay display, and makes finding winding hillclimbs and valley switchbacks a joy. It is so close to being all-conquering I don't want the following criticism to dissuade anyone from trying it. Download it. It's stunning. That said...
There are some minor things that drive me nuts:
- I can't access the settings menu while plugged into carplay. Yeah safety etc but even while stationary I can't seem to, for example, change map type without un-carplaying and going to the menu.
- The route numbers on roads are TINY! The road names are a squiggly font. Not readable.
- I wish it could store more data on my device for using satellite and topo map. I have a top end iPhone, I'd happily assign 50gb to this app but alas, it is capped at like... 3gb? It's not 2012 anymore.
- A real-time compass would be welcome. Not just showing "N" when you are going north, but a proper compass. Compasses are good.
- General Magic GmbH
- 135.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2020 General Magic
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.