WHAT IS SMARTLY?
Smartly is a online learning platform and offers a fully-mobile MBA – that’s completely free. We deliver fast, focused, and comprehensive business curriculum to help you move forward in your career—now. It's everything you need to take your career to the next level, switch jobs, impress your colleagues, or start your own successful business.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT ABOUT SMARTLY?
On Smartly, you'll improve your business skills by learning and doing at the same time, without the boring videos. Smartly is a "learning by doing" platform that makes learning fun, intuitive, and never over-complicated. While taking a lesson, our users engage with the content an average of every 8.9 seconds. Smartly reinforces concepts, and provides examples, feedback, and new perspectives—the perfect resource to master business skills and gain experience outside of business school or the workplace.
WHAT CAN YOU LEARN ON SMARTLY?
Aligned with the world's leading business schools, the MBA degree comprises courses across 9 core business concentrations including Finance, Marketing, Management and Entrepreneurship. Each concentration contains numerous courses, with up to 120 interactive, feedback-based lessons between 5 and 10 minutes in duration. Lesson topics include:
• The fundamentals of an MBA program
• How to be a better leader or manager
• Making decisions based on data
• Applying economics to business
• Marketing and pricing your products and services
• Finance and accounting for your business
• Elevating your business strategies
• Optimizing operations to maximize value
• Becoming a successful entrepreneur
• Plus, new courses are added all the time!
WHO SHOULD DOWNLOAD SMARTLY?
Download Smartly if you have an interest in switching careers, getting ahead in your career, and generally improving your business knowledge and skills in a fun, intuitive way.
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT SMARTLY?
• ”In my 10 years in the education world, Smartly offers the best, most engaging learning experience of anything I’ve seen." Michael Horn, Co-Founder, Clayton Christensen Institute
• ”Wonderful way of teaching in the best possible way in the least possible time!" - Prerana, Smartly Student
• ”GREAT stuff! Love the way the info is divided into digestible chunks. The animations are really beautiful, easy and fun. LOVE THIS!" - Kate, Smartly Student
• ”The interactive format makes learning/review more interesting and allows for better retention of key concepts. So much better than reading from a textbook!" - Richmond, Smartly Student
• “I’ve been living under a rock - @SmartlyHQ decodes [online] study for people like me who have short attention spans. #NoVideosOrPPTs” – MBA candidate 2015, INSEAD
• “…I want to begin each day going through this program…” – MBA candidate
• “I love [the] courses! They are super interactive, and I love the touch of humor you guys put into the cases, it definitely makes it much more fun and interesting. Love it!” – Valerie, entrepreneur
• “Excellent on the go learning app. Excellent way of teaching…” – Mohsin, business learner
• “… It is interactive, fun and does not over-complicate things, perfect for me….!” – MBA candidate Class of 2016, INSEAD
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO USE THE SMARTLY APP?
To use Smartly you must be connected to the Internet. We recommend a 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi connection for optimal use of the Smartly mobile app.
+ Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I Never Thought I’d Understand Business!
I’ve always had an aversion to math, working with money made me nervous, and I disliked the Wall Street Journal due to its disregard for the funny pages- I certainly never thought I could have a future in business. Smartly’s program is incredible- I’m learning so much, and all the information is presented in ways that make it feel very intuitive. I feel much more confident about my abilities, and I’m excited to learn all I can with Smartly’s program. I feel like what I’m learning will open doors for me in my life, enabling me to earn more money and take more control over handling my finances. I’m really grateful that I stumbled across Smartly.
Don’t Waste Your Time!
This seems like a great concept. The application is clean and easy to use and the materials are spot on. However, the company uses a “free MBA” as a lure to engage with mid-career professionals and then pushes them into a Executive MBA “profile” that comes with a “tuition”. Smartly is trying to sell themselves as a disruptor to Higher Education - however, they are making money on the placement of prospects on the backend while charging a tuition on the front-end. That’s all fine and we’ll as long as that is what they promote. Instead it’s promoted as a “free MBA” which highly encourages you to go through all of the models which takes hours of work - to then push you into a program with a tuition attached. This is the ultimate bate and switch - praying on individuals looking for advancement or employment opportunity while profiting on both ends of the transaction through deception tactics. This is a well designed app that is inherently flawed by deceptive marketing tactics and misleading agenda. I’d advise that you don’t let this app “disrupt” the 3 plus hours that I lost working through its modules only to be lead to an omitted tuition. Just be honest Smartly.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, we advertise all our programs, though it is true that the free MBA garners the most attention! Thousands of our students have been enrolled for free thanks to the business model that charges employers when they hire them (and our tech-driven platform that is far less expensive to run than a traditional ivy-covered university). We do tend to accept early-career students with exceptional career and academic backgrounds, and we are explicit about that throughout the website! We provide all applicants - to both our paid and free programs - hours of free content both so they can evaluate the method and so they can learn something even without being an enrolled student. Most people see this as a great benefit! We are excited about the disruptive potential of our education platform and business model. So sorry if you felt misled somehow! Feel free to contact me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org, and happy to speak by phone as well.
Excited Potential Candidate
I recently applied to their certificate program and took their introductory economics course to see what the program would be like. I love the idea of short, interactive lessons. It keeps you engaged which is something I had previously struggled with trying virtual learning. I learned a lot in the mini course. I’m awaiting the results of my application but I hope to be accepted and get full access to their certificate program!
- Pedago LLC
- 73.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Pedago, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.