PodMower is a free, full-featured podcast player.
How free? Completely. No in-app purchases. No banner ads. No user tracking.
How full-featured? Check it out:
- Beautifully optimized interface for playing podcasts, even while driving
-- big, easy-to-access, and easy-to-hide controls
-- shortcut drawer makes it easy to change podcasts from the main screen
-- episode title list makes it easy to change episodes
-- no position sliders/scrubbers that are very hard to use while driving
-- selectable, auto-generated color schemes, based on podcast artwork
-- Driving Mode - tap anywhere to play/pause, and swipe-to-skip
- Auto-Bookmarks are a virtual bread-crumb trail for not getting lost
- Playback Speed Adjustments - lots of adjustment, from minor to 2x
- Sleep Timer - any number of minutes, stop at end of episode, shake to add time
- Auto-rewind - automatically start earlier after a long absence
- Auto Play on Launch - launch the app and it starts playing where you left off
- Remote control support - Play/Pause/Jump with Apple and Bluetooth headphones and Apple Watch
- Playlist support - mix episodes from different podcasts
- Display either Podcast or Episode artwork - just swipe up on the image to change
- Auto transitions between episodes, even in background
- Skip beginning and/or end of episodes (configurable per podcast)
- Browse and easily subscribe to most popular podcasts
- Search for new podcasts
- Subscribe with RSS URLs
- Auto Download - next episode downloads automatically
- Manage audio files - download at any time, delete audio file without deleting episode info/bookmarks
- Manage listened status (finish, restart, hide, seen)
- Refresh New Episodes - per podcast or all podcasts at once
- Podcast and episode summaries, easily visit podcast website
- Customize Bookmarks - change name, notes, color, position
- Export Custom Bookmarks - text, html, csv
- Airplay - redirect audio output
- Car Seat Mode - set face down to dim and turn off idle timeout
- Lots of configuration options:
-- Sortable Podcast Bookshelf - order by date played, title, manual
-- Podcast Episode display order - oldest-to-newest, newest-to-oldest, manual
-- Auto-Download controls: WiFi required, number-to-keep, replace rules
-- Episode Play Order Preferences (newest, oldest, next newest, manual, etc.) so you can play serialized podcasts oldest-to-newest, news podcasts newest-to-oldest, and topical podcasts progressively older/newer (configurable per podcast)
-- Skip Logic - skip mostly played episodes when automatically transitioning between episodes (configurable per podcast)
-- Configurable Skip Amounts - seconds and minutes, forward and backward, tapping or swiping, reverse swipe direction
-- Replace or rename podcasts and episodes
-- Replace podcast or episode artwork
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Changes required for iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
Don't waste your time
This sounded great. Bigger buttons for listening while driving. Well, it didn't have some of the podcasts I listen to and then when I tried to download an episode of one of my favorites it took forever and never even finished downloading. Deleted the app.
The developer, Freshmowed Software, indicated that the app’s privacy practices may include handling of data as described below.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Freshmowed Software
- 47 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Freshmowed Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.