Devastator is a highly-polished arcade twin-stick shooter from Radiangames, creator of Inferno 2, JoyJoy, Super Crossfighter, and more. If you're looking for a leisurely action game, look elsewhere. Devastator is one of the most intense and difficult twin-stick shooters to grace the iPhone and iPad.
* Blast your way through 50 unique waves each with customized level layouts.
* Use your reflexes and wits to obliterate 12 devious enemy types.
* Conquer 3 difficulty levels, though don't feel too bad if you can't beat the unlockable Elite difficulty.
* Dazzling graphics and an pulse-pounding soundtrack intensify the action!
* Use 5 powerups and 4 selectable abilities to provide a boost at just right time.
* Smooth and customizable touch screen controls, and full MFi gamepad support as well!
* Compete to be the best in the 4 Game Center leaderboards.
* Track your progress with 12 Game Center achievements.
You now always spawn with a shield, so you can take two hits instead of 1 before dying.
Ratings and Reviews
Close to being great
Nice visuals and smooth graphics make this a solid overhead shooter. The limitation of 3 lives and restarting a level, with all enemies respawning, every time you die really takes away from any fun you would otherwise have playing the game. The music is also very bland for a shooter of this type, and other than the default smart bomb the collaborator power ups are useless. Still recommend it for fans of twin stick games, it’s worth the money!
No, the controls on my iPad Air 128 GB are indeed sluggish and slow..
Saw this today and watched the demo. Absolutely loved what I saw (same as other games by these programmers) as I was also a huge fan of the vintage arcade game "Robotron". This game could be a heck of a lot of fun but the controls are indeed not very precise. Also I heartily suggest creating an easier first time level as when you start it up you are immediately surrounded and heavily outnumbered making it much too much at first! You can't learn how to play this game as you are barely able to understand what all the ships and parts of the game maze can do before you lose 20 to 30 lives!! I would give this game more stars if the developers can get the controls sussed out and add an update to make this game reasonable to play without becoming inundated by enemies within seconds....ON THE FIRST TIME PRACTICE LEVELS!!!
Another great twin stick shooter from Radiangames. The game runs perfectly on my iPad 4 and iPhone 6. The controls are great, especially with my Bluetooth controller. I like that it's a little more puzzle-like than previous shooters from this dev, requiring you to really pay attention to the different enemies' behavior.
- Luke Schneider
- 100.1 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2015 Radiangames
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.