The Porsche Connect App is the digital interface to your Porsche. It is divided into three main areas: My Account, Navigation and My Car.
• The offer described here applies to the new Cayenne models (from model year 2019). Offers on other models may deviate from it.
• The availability of individual functions of the Porsche Connect App may vary depending on the country.
• Owners of the 718, 911, Panamera, Cayenne (up to and including 2018) and Macan models will additionally need the Porsche Car Connect App to use functions marked with a *.
The Porsche Connect App offers the following functions:
• Access your personal Porsche ID profile. Using your Porsche ID, data is synchronized between My Porsche, your navigation and infotainment system (Porsche Communication Management, or PCM for short), and the Porsche Connect App so that you don't have to synchronize them manually.
• Display of your pairing code. You will need it to connect your vehicle to the Porsche Connect App.
• Make a breakdown call or report a theft*.
• Control smart home devices. Various NEST functions can be transferred to the PCM in your vehicle via the Porsche Connect App.
• Access millions of tracks with the Porsche Connect App. You can save the log-in credentials in the "My Account" menu item for music streaming services such as Napster, Radio.net, or Amazon Music and simply control music playback in the PCM.
• Synchronize your calendar with your Porsche and always keep track of your appointments.
• Search navigation destinations in your contacts, in the calendar, or online, and then save them as a favorite.
• Create destinations comfortably in advance of a journey and send them to the vehicle.
• Determine the location of your vehicle with First Mile Navigation and let it guide you to the driver's seat. Once you are in your sports car, your final destination seamlessly transfers from your mobile device to the PCM.
• Approach your destination with Last Mile Navigation: after parking your sports car, the navigation is automatically transferred from Porsche Communication Management to your smartphone.
• Control certain vehicle functions remotely: open or close doors.*
• Call up vehicle or trip data, such as mileage, fuel range or consumption.*
• Remotely control air conditioning to heat or cool your vehicle
• Check current battery status and use timer functions for your desired departure time
• See your individual vehicle configuration on opening the app.
• Set speed and location alarms
Continuous background use of GPS may significantly reduce battery life. The Porsche Connect App is designed to use GPS as efficiently as possible to maintain the best possible battery life.
This release contains minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
(Fixed) 100% failing to login
Login issues were fixed in the new version. But the app is pretty basic. I’m not even sure what it does other than let me search maps for POI.
Can’t tell what the app is like, since it won’t let me login. I authenticate successfully with my correct user name and password and a screen flashes that login was successful followed by a sign out for expired session prompt and so on in an infinite loop.
Developer Response ,
thank you for your feedback.
Please make sure that you are logged in with your My Porsche account and your vehicle is associated to that account. You should have received an according invitation mail after the vehicle purchase. If you do not know your My Porsche account please contact us under the following email address: email@example.com.
Your Porsche Connect Support
I had to give it one star to get the review started...
As far as unintuitive apps go, this may take the cake. I have my cayenne registered in My Porsche. Done - after a bunch of back and forth emails and long wait. Then this app tells me to login with my Porsche account that has my vehicle. I did that but the Connect still says I don't have a vehicle even though my Cayenne is in the My Porsche account. I am just going in circles with Connect and Car Connect. It is a lesson in frustration that leads to no outcome. They make wonderful cars, but the software leaves a lot to be desired. It's like their apps are geared towards you having a constant hand holding relationship with the company or dealer. Really? In 2019? Make me pay big for the app, I don't care, just don't make me sit there scratching my head and rethinking this relationship with Porsche. It should be login, connect, go!
Developer Response ,
Dear customer, thanks a lot for your feedback. We would really like to contact you personally and try to fix the issues. We have tried to follow up and could not match your review with any request. Could you please re-send your request and credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Porsche Connect Support
This app should go back to development
This app is a total JOKE and should be called “porsche disconnect”.... it periodically forgets my porsche ID and stops working here and there. I just need the very basic function of remotely lock/unlock the car, but unfortunately, the App is incredibly unreliable in that regard. One day the app was completely down and my car key was inside the car while car is locked. I couldn’t unlock the car with the App. Called the Connect service, they tole me they are undergoing an outage....so i had to spend $170 bucks for uber in order to get to my destination. Honestly, i have no complaints about the car. Car is great is every way. But the app is a such a huge disappointment, and they are charging a fee for this crappy service after 1st year....
Developer Response ,
Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback. We do our best to constantly improve our Porsche Connect App. Although, we do our best to ensure the trouble-free functioning of the App there are rare occasions in which functions of the App are failing. We sincerely apologize for the problems that have arisen due to the issues with the App´s remote functions. We hope your issues with the remote functions are now solved. If you still experience lock and unlock problems or if you want to address your issue directly to our customer support, please do not hesitate to contact us again: email@example.com. Your Porsche Connect Support
- Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
- 241 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.