The Porsche Connect App is the digital interface to your Porsche. It is divided into three main areas: My Account, Navigation and My Car.
• The offer described here applies to the new Cayenne models (from model year 2019). Offers on other models may deviate from it.
• The availability of individual functions of the Porsche Connect App may vary depending on the country.
• Owners of the 718, 911, Panamera, Cayenne (up to and including 2018) and Macan models will additionally need the Porsche Car Connect App to use functions marked with a *.
The Porsche Connect App offers the following functions:
• Access your personal Porsche ID profile. Using your Porsche ID, data is synchronized between My Porsche, your navigation and infotainment system (Porsche Communication Management, or PCM for short), and the Porsche Connect App so that you don't have to synchronize them manually.
• Display of your pairing code. You will need it to connect your vehicle to the Porsche Connect App.
• Make a breakdown call or report a theft*.
• Control smart home devices. Various NEST functions can be transferred to the PCM in your vehicle via the Porsche Connect App.
• Access millions of tracks with the Porsche Connect App. You can save the log-in credentials in the "My Account" menu item for music streaming services such as Napster, Radio.net, or Amazon Music and simply control music playback in the PCM.
• Synchronize your calendar with your Porsche and always keep track of your appointments.
• Search navigation destinations in your contacts, in the calendar, or online, and then save them as a favorite.
• Create destinations comfortably in advance of a journey and send them to the vehicle.
• Determine the location of your vehicle with First Mile Navigation and let it guide you to the driver's seat. Once you are in your sports car, your final destination seamlessly transfers from your mobile device to the PCM.
• Approach your destination with Last Mile Navigation: after parking your sports car, the navigation is automatically transferred from Porsche Communication Management to your smartphone.
• Control certain vehicle functions remotely: open or close doors.*
• Call up vehicle or trip data, such as mileage, fuel range or consumption.*
• Remotely control air conditioning to heat or cool your vehicle
• Check current battery status and use timer functions for your desired departure time
• See your individual vehicle configuration on opening the app.
• Set speed and location alarms
Continuous background use of GPS may significantly reduce battery life. The Porsche Connect App is designed to use GPS as efficiently as possible to maintain the best possible battery life.
Do Not Sell My
Personal Information: https://www.porsche.com/usa/privacy-policy/contact/
This release contains minor fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointed Porsche Diehard. Porsche needs to get this fixed ASAP
I currently own 9 Porsches including a Taycan Turbo. I also have owned over 25 Porsches over the years. Love the Taycan car but hate the car PCM software and the supporting applications like this one. Too many bugs. This is the first time where Porsche releases a product that is unfinished and needs major refinement. If porsche is serious about hybrid and electrical technology, they need to refine this application and the car PCM. As an example I have to wait for 20 minutes or longer, waiting for the e-stations to display on the map in this app, so I could select the charging station so I could charge my car, forcing me often to just pay for the charging with credit card, after getting tired of fiddling with this app to display the charging station. They appear then disappear as quickly as they appear, rendering the porsche advertised 3 yr free charging useless since you can’t easily access it through this app. This is not the Porsche I know and have known for so many years and grew to love. Perhaps I should have waited a bit before buying a Taycan. I hope they could fix the bugs in this app, and hopefully fix the car pcm buggy interface and soon before we loose faith in this new product.
Developer Response ,
Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback regarding our Porsche Connect App. We do our best to constantly improve the App and to provide our customers the best possible support. Have you already contacted us via E-Mail? If not, please do not hesitate to contact us directly and provide us with a detailled problem description (e.g. Porsche ID, App version, error code): email@example.com. We would really like to support you. Your Customer Experience Contact Center
New update to the app, more failures!!!
This review is in addition the the others I have left regarding the complete dissatisfaction in this app and inability for the Porsche Connect team to solve. I feel I cannot even call the tech support line any longer. I have wasted countless hours with them, only to always be no better off than when I started. I just downloaded the latest update of the Connect App from the Apple Store, in hopes that this is the time where all of the issues are resolved. Wrong!!! It is really too bad that my $130,000 Porsche has the worst experience when it comes utilizing its App and connectivity features. My sons $25,000 Chevy Truck never has issues using OnStar!
Porsche-you are failing in this category, you need to fire you digital partner and figure out how to provide consistent, solid support. The pack of call backs and follow through are ridiculous.
Consumers, purchase a Porsche for the quality and performance, do not plan on using the App-ever. It will lead to pure dissatisfaction, every time.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We hope your issue has been solved in the meanwhile. If you still experience connection problems, do not hesitate to contact us directly and provide us with a detailed problem description (e.g. Porsche ID, App version, error code): firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Customer Experience Contact Center
Having purchased ten Porsche vehicles in ten years, I believe this is the worst software interface of any vehicle. Early difficulties with traffic data feed appear to have been resolved, although the quality of the information (Is there traffic?) is not always accurate or credible.
However, it is the navigation system and Porsche Connect component which should be singled out and in a word, is pathetic. Addresses are stored through the app, but frequently disappear from the app and hence the vehicle. I have re-entered addressed multiple times for two vehicles. Every time the app is updated through the App Store...sure enough, you can expect to lose your entries. If any other data provider lost your data, their business prospects would be limited.
Porsche should address since the alternative is to find a luxury car company for my next vehicle, which actually cares about its customers.
Developer Response ,
Dear customer, Thank you for your feedback. We would really like to support you with the solution of your current problem. Please contact us directly and provide us with a detailed description of your issue (e.g. Porsche ID, error code, App version): email@example.com. We are looking forward to support you. Your Customer Experience Contact Center
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
- 150.3 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.