**The Pro version is 100% Ad-Free!**
A quick and easy way to count the words and characters in any amount of text! Need to know how many words there are in an essay due? Word Count Basic takes away the hassle of having to count it yourself and saves you time and effort!
-Removed the annoying text that first shows up in the text box!
-More fixes coming with UI improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
June 2017 update: Sigh
Re June 2017 app update:
1) 👎🏽 still likes to dump your work
2) 👎🏽 still persists with the type-here message, requiring erasing every time app is opened
3) 👍🏽 keyboard silliness cured; plays nice now in split-screen environment
✧︎︎︎ 👎🏽 help button references (only!) irrelevant Basic-tier concern re removing ads
✧︎︎︎ 👍🏽 real-time word & character counts
✧︎︎︎ 😡 continuing frustrations courtesy of #1 & #2 above
Breaks my heart. App has basically no (worthy) competition, yet the deal-breakers listed prevent my recommendation to the thousands of writers in FB and Twitter groups/communities desperate for a word count app on the iPad. Bounced up to 2 stars per live count, keyboard fix, and new play-nice re split screen on iPad Pro. But losing work remains an unforgivable offense, keeping what could be a fine app well below 3-star average territory.
Prior review: Abysmal
1) Leave the app, lose your work.
2) EVERY time you open it, you have to erase the same instructional text, useless after you've seen it the first time.
3) Knows nadda re current OS features. Reverts the iPad Pro keyboard into its plain Jane siblings, then enlarges it to take up the better part of the screen; wigs out if you dare to try a split-screen maneuver.
It's like the Dev was easing down the desirable highway, took a wrong turn, then decided to nap his troubles away, Rip van Winkle style. Read: avoid, even when free. Way too expensive in terms of wasted time/work.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.