** This is a limited version of Hyphen. This version limits you to reading your most recently imported book, as well as the number of bookmarks and highlights you can make. The paid version does not have these limitations. **
Hyphen is a powerful, easy-to-use ePub reader designed from the ground up with you in mind, with cross-device syncing, super-fast rendering, effortless customization, and intuitive annotation features.
■ CROSS-DEVICE SYNCING
Start on one device, finish on another. Your entire library - books, annotations, bookmarks, and all - is synced between devices via iCloud.
■ PERSONALIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE
Hyphen comes packed with a ton of options for custom colors, fonts, font sizes, line heights, paragraph indentations, margins - ...well, you get the idea. You can even use styling on a per-book basis.
And if that’s not enough, you can also add your own CSS. Cool, right?
■ HIGHLIGHT AND ANNOTATE EFFORTLESSLY
Tap-and-drag or use the selection handles to highlight in any one of several available colors. Write notes for a highlight and refer to them any time you need to. You can also share highlights as images and post them to Twitter or Facebook, or export all your highlights for use elsewhere.
■ GOODREADS INTEGRATION
Use Goodreads? We've got you covered - shelve books, make status updates and post quotes, all right from the app.
■ ADD BOOKS WITH EASE
Add ePubs using your favorite cloud services - Dropbox, Google Drive, OPDS servers, and more. You can also use the in-app web browser to download ePubs, or add them using iTunes.
OTHER NOTABLE FEATURES:
■ NIGHT MODE
Transition Hyphen's reading interface to soothing, darker colors at night.
Edit the title, author, subjects, covers and more of your books. Hyphen can even lookup book covers and metadata for you.
■ SHELVE & SORT
Add books to custom shelves, and sort by author, title, last read, or date added.
■ CUSTOM CSS & FONTS
Hyphen lets you import both your favorite fonts for use while reading, as well as CSS.
■ DEFINE & TRANSLATE
Translations of the text you're reading are only a tap away. Lookup words and terms in Wikipedia, Dictionary.com or Google.
■ TWO COLUMN SUPPORT
Got one of those large, spacious, king-sized, oh-my-lord-this-screen-is-so-big-I-should've-gotten-an-ipad-mini-instead,-its-so-big, why-is-it-so-big-sized screens? Use this setting to make reading more comfortable. You can also optionally only use two columns when your device is in landscape orientation.
Add words to a vocabulary list and export them easily.
Tap and hold a link to open it in the in-app browser, or Safari. Images zoom in, letting you see every detail. Swipe through and jump between images throughout the text with the Image Viewer.
■ ADE PAGES SUPPORT
Hyphen utilizes ADE pages, so you’ll always have a cross-reader compatible way of finding and noting where you are in a book.
■ INCREDIBLY FAST
Download and import books in the blink of an eye. Hyphen’s ePub Rendering System is optimized so that there’s the least delay between you and the text.
CONTACT & SUPPORT
Need help or have a question? Tweet me @hyphenreader on twitter, or email me at email@example.com.
Fixes Dropbox Integration
Ratings and Reviews
Good but inconvenience
I'd like to use this app if it doesn't have too much limitation! Highlights bookmarks and number of books can read are all i concern more than formatting, so i decided to delete it and using Marvin instead even its isn't as good as this app. Voted 4 stars because the app really is the best reading ePub I've been tried up to now.
This app rocks!
So many good customization options, and so much attention to detail. There are many ebook readers that are annoying—this one is not.
Very good ebook reader. Has several issues...
Nice reading app. Worth downloading and trying out. Solid set of features—has most everything an ebook aficionado would want. Good, easy-to-use interface. Excellent customization. Includes dictionary and saving vocabulary words as needed.
Seems like a Marvin clone.
1. Bookmark symbol in page upper right corner is too small.
2. Time stamps (relative ones) appear on ALL highlights, bookmarks, vocabulary, etc. We don’t need to know, however, especially in the middle of the night, when it was that we flagged something! There should be an option to turn off the time stamp!
This and the next were the dealbreakers.
3. Downloading limited. Has links to sites such as Project Gutenberg, but one is not able to *search* them! Can only browse.
4. Can use app’s built in web access to search for books, but that uses Google for searching, which raises tracking, advertising, and privacy concerns!
5. Wide, but *preset* color selection. It needs RGB controls for precise control. When screen colors are inverted, e.g., one cannot get *bright* orange text!
6. Slide left to delete a book would be good; as would a pop up to assign a book to a Shelf after holding down its title. Right now, those actions require several steps and seem too convoluted, modular, and laborious.
7. Turning off publisher’s formatting should be under Colors and Formatting, especially as several customized choices don’t take effect until one turns that off. But it’s under another tab!
Exploring Shubook’s rich set of controls and approach could help the developers.
In any event, the app is worth downloading and trying out. It’s a good entrant into a crowded field. What I see as irritants, you may well not!
- Mattitiah Curtis
- 45.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 Matt Curtis
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.