The multiplayer turn based game formerly known as “Scramble Connection” is back and better than ever!
Lettermash is a new and addicting word game for the iPhone and iPad! Use your skills to craft high scoring words in an epic battle of wits! Crush your opponent while increasing your vocabulary! Challenge friends, family, or even random strangers to a game and put your word skills to the test!
HOW TO PLAY
- When the game starts, you will be presented with a 5x5 grid of letters. Try to connect adjacent letters in order spell out a valid English word. Your score will increase based on the value of each letter.
- During your turn, you can use items to create high scoring words! Items will allow you to manipulate the board and help you create that killer word!
- The letters used to create your word will then be replaced with new letters. Now you can rearrange these new letters to make it harder for your opponent to spell a word!
- Cheating won’t help you here! Lettermash allows for so many combinations through board manipulation that using cheating apps will NOT help you find the highest scoring word!
- Lettermash has built in Game Center integration to make challenging your friends and keeping track of your head to head records a breeze!
- The built in friending feature allows you to easily keep track of how many times you’ve beaten your friends!
- Connect with Facebook to easily find your friends also playing Lettermash!
- Built in chat for complimenting or bragging!
PASS AND PLAY
- No internet? No problem! The pass and play option will allow you to play against a nearby friend on the same device without needing an internet connection!
Fixed bug that prevented weekly winners shown for certain weeks.
- Weekly winner board will update in game a few hours after installing the update
Ratings and Reviews
Fun game, needs small improvements
This game is fun and challenging. It does not let you know very readily when it is your turn. There are no visual alerts (like a red number in the corner of the app when closed). Yes, I have alerts feature on. If I don't catch the banner when it flys across, then I don't know my opponent has made their move. Additionally, the game could be more festive. There aren't exciting things to work towards while playing except for the point modifiers. Could use a face lift & tweek to the alert arena. Otherwise, it's a cool game.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We've fixed the issues with push notifications and you should now be notified when it is your turn. If it still is not working for you, try disabling and re-enabling the notifications in the account page.
We're looking for additional ways to improve the game play experience and would love to hear any specific suggestions that you have in mind. Please email email@example.com if you'd like to share any with us!
Why this game helps train your brain .
Anyone who wishes to develop stronger cognitive skills should I am very interested in the self development and brain training.
I practice every morning for a few minutes instead of watching tv.
A few minutes warms my brain up, forces me to be creative as think on my feet!
This game has a clever design at the core, but unfortunately is monetized by powerful pay-to-win mechanics that cut that clever design off at the knees.
If you don't pay the outrageous prices for powerups, you're left playing an uninteresting clone of Boggle and you can never beat an opponent who does pay for powerups (unless perhaps if they're exceptionally terrible at the game.)
So to remain competitive over the long haul, buying powerups is not optional. And when paying to play is the only way to properly experience and enjoy the game, it shouldn't be marketed as a free download.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your feedback. We've added a new way to obtain credits without having to pay money.
- Jeremy Nortey
- 23.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Embersnap
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade Game Limit to 30 $1.99
- 8,000 Credits $3.99
- 400 Credits $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.