***Note this game is recommended for iPhone 6/iPad Air 2 and higher
Experience the mobile exclusive only on iOS:
Alone in a mysterious land, follow a father and son on a voyage to find home after the loss of their beloved wife and mother. They will endure a daunting journey of towering buildings and beautiful vistas using the ancient portals they happened upon. Equipped with only his bow and devastating dash attack, the father must fight against the wildlife and the machines while keeping the son fed and rested.
Widower's Sky is a game about adventure, survival and family. Like chapters in a novel, you play through the future while listening to the past until the two timelines converge and the story reaches it's climax.
• Gorgeous landscapes: Beautiful and varied worlds to explore. Stick to the path set before you or take your time wandering, it's up to you.
• Engaging soundtrack: A hauntingly moving score that reacts to your progression.
• The world: Living environments, including docile and vicious wildlife, set the stage for an ancient history that was ahead of it's time.
• Engaging story told through narration that reveals itself through the chapters of the game.
• Just the right amount of everything. A mix of puzzle, platforming and survival
• A mix of enemies ranging from machines to wildlife
• Compatible with MFi controllers
• Make use of your hardware with stunning graphics
• A helpful dog!
A game by Michael Warren
• Find the secret lights hidden in each level to power up your flight.
• Optimizations for older devices
• New German localization
Ratings and Reviews
Too soon to tell. Needs a tutorial.
Update: Tried to play for another hour.
- Son seems to need food at the most annoying times, and the whimpering is annoying, not endearing.
- I seem to have to restart a level to find deer if I already killed one, and while it only takes one bowl of food out of several to feed the kid, you will eat them all to no benefit if you walk through them.
- Landscape is pretty, until it becomes annoying when random trees or objects block your view.
- still no clue what the objective is. I found some buttons to press and blocks to carry but the landscape has so many random things it’s a frustrating walk between items to see if they:
A - pop up and shoot you
B - do nothing.
C - reveal a button.
Also annoying, things can shoot you from above but you can only shoot perpendicular to what would be ground level. No angle shots.
First time I fired it up on a current gen iPad Pro, it didn’t give me the on-screen controls despite being set to touch. I will be charging up my game pad because the on-screen controls after showing up on the third restart, aren’t that intuitive. The toggling of what the main right button does using smaller icons is a weird setup.
Objectives are vague and between being shot to sleep by a laser turret, a weird ball on legs, and chased to sleep by a bear (you don’t seem to ever “die”), it’s a hard start without a tutorial. I have killed and cooked a deer though.
Developer Response ,
Hey thanks for the feedback. Working on a revamped tutorial system which will help with using the bow. For now...when you equip the bow tap the camera button to aim. That will make it much easier!
Battery 🔋 draining head scratcher! 🥴
Like the other players who left reviews , I want to like this game.
It has too much going on at once. The tutorial leaves much to be desired. The puzzles are awkward and about the time your about to solve one, the kid gets hungry again which takes you back to the beginning completely ignoring the checkpoint you managed to reach! No satisfaction in shooting at bears . They simply run off . And the boy turned into a glowing egg 🥚!
Not sure if that was suppose to happen. Wish I could get haft my money back at least! I was waiting for weeks for this to be released all for disappointment!
Developer Response ,
Hey thanks for the feedback. Working on update number 1 which should address many of your concerns.
Needs a lot of tweaks.
EDIT: I’m starting to figure out the mechanics of the game, and have gotten past the first couple “levels”. In each level you explore around trying to find these diamond looking things with your annoyingly hungry son, while trying to survive/escape the robot alien things along with an assortment of animals. I hope this helps clarify how to play this game.
This game drew me in because of the beautiful art, but when I started playing, I had no clue about what I was doing. Also, the controls are very confusing and hard to use. I WANT to like this game, and I think it has tons of potential for iOS, but the developers just need to fix the controls and add a little tutorial for a clear understanding. It’s a great looking game, it just doesn’t play well :/
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and appreciate the feedback. Working hard on an update to tackle controls and tutorial. Thanks
- Michael Warren
- 2.4 GB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation), and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 whaleo. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.