Newtonium is a powerful tool to solve physics problems. For those of you, who are having difficulties understanding and solving classical mechanics problems, this app is a huge help.It will calculate all forces exerted on a body and simulate the resulting motion in two dimensions, with three degrees of freedom.
Use objects, structures and tools to build your model. You can set physical properties, like mass, velocity, size, position and many more. The app will calculate and show you all the forces on each object. To see the forces in action, just run the simulation. Even during the simulation all forces can be shown and all properties will be updated. You can specify final conditions, to stop the simulation automatically, when these conditions are met.
From the very small like the motion of particles to the very big like the moon going around the earth, if you can draw the model, Newtonium can calculate the forces.
- create, load and save your models
- change gravitation, friction, resistance or behavior during collisions
- specify real world physical properties of all objects
- use tools like springs, struts, and pulleys
- units are converted automatically
- set initial and final conditions
- forces and velocities are displayed as arrows for each object
- forces are described in detail
- use the simulator to animate your model
- display diagrams for objects in motion
- verify conservation of energy or momentum
Newtonium now supports iOS 13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very good app... I have a few requests!
I like is app very much! I'm using it in my University physics course. There is a lot you can do with it to enhance your teaching!
I have a request. It will be nice to have the diagrams (x vs t, etc) a little bit smaller. It will be helpful if I can show simultaneously the simulation and the diagram so the students can see the actual motion and the diagram. It will be GREAT if multiple diagrams can be shown at the same time (x vs t, Vx vs t, a vs t) while running the simulation.
This is a great app and it has the potential to be even greater!
For me this app does nothing. I was using the Autodesk Force-Effect family of apps which much to their detriment they discontinued. With this app I have been unable to put together even a simple fulcrum. Where are tutorials or a useful help file? VERY disappointed
It is the better tool!
Very useful app. I think this app can solve different physics problem. If you study physic in University or school, this app can be very important and helpful for you.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Michael Schiefelbein
- 43.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Michael Schiefelbein
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.