** Ever felt the need to write but starved for inspiration or didn't know how to start? **
** Are you tired of cluttered writing tools filled up by features that you don't use? **
** Do you need your very own special place in order to write and be more productive? **
Welcome to Place To Write!
A new minimalistic software that allows users to get focused, inspired, creative and more productive!
**Portrait mode to review and export your text. **
** Landscape mode to write and edit text **
Place To Write is not your common text editor. In fact, it is a new approach on minimalistic writing tools, in which you are presented with a clean canvas set up in an inspiring and subtly-animated location.
Several creative writing tools are offered, as well as markdown support.
Quickly get yourself inspired, focused, and start writing!
## Themes ##
Animated themes that setup your canvas writing space.
Each theme has a subtle animation and music background.
- Jutland (snow)
- Lanzarote (mistery volcano)
- Lofoten (peaceful rain);
- Kyoto (holy zen);
- Lapland (relaxing lake);
- Madeira (ocean view);
- Berlin (buzzing city);
- Lausanne (you and nature).
Jutland theme is included for free.
$3.99 in-app purchase to unlock all themes!
## Creative Writing Tools ##
Place To Write brings you several handy creative writing tools to help you unblock your writing process.
- Character Builder (get rapid inspiration in order to create your character by generating appearance, occupation and traits)
- Plot Generator (randomly create a plot by fetching characters, places, situations and themes);
- Random words (a random floating word appears, so that you can subliminally focus and brainstorm ideas around it);
- Myths & Legends (get to know more about myths, stories and legends from the chosen writing location);
- Random Inspiration Dice (roll the 3D dice to obtain moods, objects and terrains for your story);
- Classical Inspiration (read excerpts from classical literature pieces of authors who were born in the theme's country)
In-app purchase of $2.99 to unlock all the creative tools.
## Options & Tools ##
- Pomodoro Timer (set a visual and audio timer to force you to write);
- Enable/disable themes' animations;
- Choose from 8 background ambiance musics;
- Select from 4 font types and control font size;
- Set keystroke sound (3 available, or just turn it off);
- Turn-on/off markdown support;
- Spell and grammar checking;
- iCloud support, so you can easily sync your texts between devices!
- 4 Reading Mode themes (portrait view);
- Keyboard shortcuts;
## Markdown support ##
Place To Write supports basic markdown syntax. As you type, the markdown tags get highlighted and you can preview the final outcome in the reading mode (portrait view).
- Headers (#...);
- Emphasis/italic (with *asterisks* or _underscores_ );
- Bold (with **asterisks** or __underscores__ );
- Strikethrough (using ~~two tildes~~);
- Link (using the [ ] ( ) syntax);
- Inline code with back-ticks 'around';
- Blockquotes with >before the text;
- Horizontal rule by typing *** or ---;
- Numbered lists by typing 1. sequences;
- Unembered lists by typing * blank space
## Reading Mode ##
Preview your work with the reading mode translating your markdown or exhibiting plain text (rotate the device to portrait mode).
Choose from 4 available solid colors for reading
## Export documents ##
Create and save as .md or .txt files
Export to .pdf, .md, .txt or .html files
Sync with iCloud Drive into the app's own iCloud folder
## Special Keyboard with gesture support##
Place To write offers it's very own keyboard packed with swipe support. To make your life easier when typing - specially markdown - we've added keys with several numbers and tags shortcuts.
- Just swipe in the direction of the tag to write it!
- Two fingers to move cursor;
- Three fingers to select text;
- iOS10 compatibility
- Added external keyboard support with ability to hide onscreen keyboard
Ratings and Reviews
Looks good to write on
but to buy all the tools looks to be expensive.
maybe i will wait till the keyboard comes out. matter a fact, why not you guys create the keyboard. look at this?
No capital letter after each period. wow. not good. no microphone either. whats wrong with this pict?
The pricing for extra features is a rip off
I originally bought the MacOS version of this app and I loved it. This has really helped me center my focus when writing. No lines, boxes or rulers, just an open space for me to write and let the words flow.
Once I found out they had an iOS version I had to get it only to be disappointed. The base price for this app is 0.99 cents but then you have to pay for all the features and the prices goes way up.
Want to change the themes? That 3.99
How about a writing timer (which I do writing sprints daily) that’s another 2.99
What about the creative tools? Another 2.99
This brings the sum total to a whopping $10.96 when I only had to pay $5.99 to get all of these features not he MacOS version! I like this app and will continue to use it but I will not be paying for al these extra features on the iOS version. Ill make due with the free features until I get home to my Mac.
To the Developer: Please pick one reasonable price to offer these features and I will gladly upgrade to the premium features. But there is no reason the iOS version should be nearly 2x the price of the MacOS version.
Great, unless you use a Bluetooth keyboard
This is really a lovely writing app. I love the themes and sounds and fun extras, but I hate on-screen keyboards, so I use a Bluetooth keyboard with my iPad Mini for writing, and this app doesn't allow me to hide the on-screen keyboard when writing, even if I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard. That's a huge dissapointment. I hope that's addressed in the next version.
- Wowsystems - Inform�tica Lda.
- 106 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Wow!Systems
- In-App Purchases
- Themes $3.99
- Creative Tools $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.