Jarvis is more than just another news aggregator app – it’s an artificial intelligent (AI) system that polls news and extracts one-sentence short summaries from different news sources in real-time. The summarisation process is built based on machine learning and natural language processing. Your reading experience will be unique as it keeps you up to date on latest news without wasting precious time.
It’s fast. Unlike some news apps, reader is not required to search/choose/curate your own news contents. It’s smart. Unlike some news apps, it skims through whole article and extract one-sentence short summary. It’s automatic. Unlike some news apps, the summary is generated with no human intervention or editing.
Jarvis makes your commute time more fun and productive. This smart app presents each news article in bite-size and all the contents are displayed in one screen.
Jarvis gives you fast access to lots of different news sources so you can always keep ahead with what’s trending in your industry and the topics you really care about. From national to international from sports to technology from business to entertainment, Jarvis helps you discover interesting articles and read them in one place.
Jarvis wants to save you time reading news. Within a few swipes and taps you will feel the difference.
News Reader – AI generated short summaries for all news feeds
News Navigation – Swipe, scroll and click to find the news that’s interesting to you
News Share – Share stories with friends and family on social media
News Personalisation – Select the country for your news feeds, pick the categories that interest you
News Sentiment – Thumb up or thumb down on articles to show your appreciation
News Trending – Top 5 most popular news in last hour
Jarvis would like to become your everyday news companion and help you speed up the process of information acquisition.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to download it today, and feel The FORCE.
1. Performance improvements - we have made significant image caching and loading improvements by locally storing and creating thumbnails for all news images on our server. Images will use less storage, load news faster and use less of your data and battery.
2. Quickly access articles - due to popular demand, we have finally enabled this long awaited feature. Users will be able to go straight to the original news article when they click or tap on the image area. The drop-down menu is still available if you tap on the news title.
3. More countries and categories - our users have asked us to include news coverage on more countries and categories, so we have added Canada, South Africa and Nigeria in the latest release. There are also 3 new categories: Health, Travel and Automobile added to this version. Rest assured we will be covering more countries and categories in upcoming release.
4. General UI interface improvement and minor bug fixes
We are also working on lots of AI features which will come your way in future releases. Hope you are looking forward to them as much as we do.
Any cool features you'd like to see or bugs you want us to fix please drop us an email via "Send Us Feedback" within the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Crash quits - UPDATED
Latest update killed the app. Please update but make it work
Deleted and reinstalled. Now it works. Disappointing
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear that. We are working really hard on fixing bugs. A latest version is now available with many new features. Hope you will like them.
LpWhat you need to know -
Quick & to the point -
Minus all the filler crap which most businesses now thrive on and uses as an excuse to jack up prices and squeeze every last penny they can ".
- Thumb Up Thumb Down Ltd
- 17 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Thumb Up Thumb Down Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.