The superTracker is a free tool that lets users record, manage, and view the device movements as tracking data localized in time and space. The tracking data files can be exchanged with other superTracker users. iMessage is recommended for faster and secure exchange of tracking data between iOS users. Sharing is also available via email with attached files that can be viewed not only on iOS devices, but also on other phones, tablets, or computers. The tracking data files can be archived in zip format and shared via Share Extensions with apps that allow file transfer.
Useful in fitness activities or during driving, speech recognition can be enabled, and the app can be used hands-free with voice commands. To know the ones available, on every screen, users just have to say: "voice commands".
The app was developed in five sections, listed below, which can be accessed by tapping on the buttons at the top of the screen, by swiping left/right on the bottom status bar or with voice commands.
1) GPS raw data
Shows users information about tracking status, activity type, the last location, the last tracking data and the raw GPS location data.
Shows users in real-time how the last tracking data is generated on the map. By tapping on the map settings button, users can select what to display: the entire track, last 10th of it, or only location.
Provides users the tracking data list with information regarding:
- beginning and end of time and battery level;
- tracking duration, length, maximal and average (medium) speed;
- type of activity used at recording;
Any tracking data from the list can be deleted or shared by simply swiping left. Also, users can display the selected record alongside the previous and next record. Display of the next/previous record on the map is available by simply swiping left/right on tracking data information area.
Divided in two tabs:
- Info tab shows users device's database information;
- Inbox tab keeps, shows, and manages records with tracking data files, received from other superTracker users;
Users can select measurement units and how tracking data are generated, based on:
- type of activity used;
- location frequency (in time and space), accuracy and course changes;
- how to split the tracking data;
Users can also choose to:
- jump to a specific section after [Start / Stop tracking];
- use speech recognition;
Bottom status bar:
Used to change sections (swiping left/right) and shows tracking status. Tapping on the [Start tracking] button followed by your confirmation, the device begins to record location data and generates tracking reports, even if the app is in the background. Resuming the app from the background and tapping the [Stop tracking] button followed by your confirmation will cancel the tracking process.
The color codes:
superTracker uses three colors with specific meanings:
- blue is used for the current record and the measurement units;
- green is used for the previous record or anything that refers to the starting point of the current record;
- red is used for the next record or anything that refers to the finish point of the current record;
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
• superTracker will pause automatically location updates based on users type of activity configured in settings section. Resuming of location updates is triggered by the confidence in the assessment of the motion type detected by processor. This technique will optimize your energy consumption. To take advantage of it, users need to have set it in Privacy -> Motion & Fitness enabled and superTracker granted also.
At the end:
Love superTracker? Please rate us and tell others about your experience in the App Store. Your feedback counts and we're constantly improving the app to provide you with the best possible experience.
• Fixes an issue in Siri Shortcuts integration.
To use Siri Shortcuts with superTracker, you need to activate them in the Settings Section.
- MOBILE SOFTWARE SRL
- 12.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Mobile Software SRL
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.