With Kenzi Option Simulator you can study your option strategy the easy way. You can quickly enter any strategy, with any number of legs, from a simple single call to advanced strategies like a Christmas Tree Butterfly. In the option chain selector you choose your option legs. It shows you all the relevant information, from the bid and ask price to the implied volatility and the greeks.
The fully interactive chart show the profit and loss at expiration but also today. The curves are calculated by the fast and accurate quantlib library. The chart is fully interactive. Drag an option to another strike and the profit and loss chart updates in real-time. This allow you to interactively experiment with your strategy.
An info box shows a summery of your strategy. It lists the maximum risk and profit as well as the break even points.
- Create any simple or complex option strategy
- Easy option selection
- Check performance and break even points
- Fully interactive charts
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Because of changes in the data service API the option chain data could not be downloaded anymore. This version lets you download the option chain again.
Ratings and Reviews
Where is the vix?
I bought the ap today. I really like how it graphs up strategies. But now that I have made the purchase, it crashes. Plus, I can't add new strategies. Please fix this. I would have contacted customer support directly instead of posting here, but there is no button for that on the ap.
Good graphics, but seems just a start
I really want to like this app, but in truth it seems like a good start and needs work
- will retrieve option chains, you
don't have to manually enter data
- nice looking profit/loss graphs
- Once a position is entered, you
Can't edit it, other than deleting.
(E.g set the price to reflect the
price you have actually got )
- Graph has 5 ticks between any
Two values - this is AWKWARD.
If you have a range (say) 10..20
Than 5 ticks = 6 intervals, so
The ticks represent 10/6=$1.67
- Graph does not show an up-to-
Date vertical line at the current
Price of the underlying
Puzzle: I see an offer to get a 'pro' version for $4.99 - great. What IS that version doing better?
Missing (at least)
1. Editing positions
2. Saving/retrieving positions
3. Dynamic info on graphs on the
Point you touch
4. What-if handling for changing
Date and volatility assumptions
I actually have lots more ideas on things to improve it but there seems to be no way to contact the author
A great start, .... but
As others have already stated in their reviews, the developer doesn’t allow you to edit the price.
- Easy interface
- Multiple strategies
- no manual editing option
- only one strategy allowed in free version
- upgrade to pro only gives additional strategies, but no other additions
- limited data
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Rene Laterveer
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Rene Laterveer
- In-App Purchases
- Kenzi Option Simulator Pro $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.