Requires: iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR, or iPad Pro to purchase. All other devices are welcome to browse.
At Topology we craft premium eyeglasses and sunglasses for every ONE face, not everyone’s face. We call it custom-tailored eyewear.
We design, engineer, and craft your glasses based on your unique facial measurements, your distinct stylistic choices, and your personal needs and preferences. Our eye glasses and sunglasses are made one at a time, for one person at a time, from scratch in San Francisco.
Using just your iPhone camera, the Topology app creates a millimeter-accurate virtual 3D model of your face. It analyzes more than 2,000 measurements of your unique features to create custom glasses that fit perfectly. We guarantee a perfect fit for any face or your money back.
Getting your perfect glasses or sunglasses is easy:
• Take a video selfie using the Topology app
• 3D imaging captures more than 2,000 measurements of your face, and tailors a virtual frame to fit you perfectly
• Select Italian acetate or stainless steel glasses in a variety of colors
• Preview and adjust the style of the frame to your liking including the height, width, and drop position
• Choose between clear lenses, tinted lenses, mirrored sunglasses, or transition lenses
• Share your designs with friends and get feedback via messaging or social media
• Choose your prescription type: single vision lenses, progressive lenses, or bifocals
• Checkout faster with Apple Pay
• Questions? Communicate directly with a human Topology expert without leaving the app
Topology Eyewear is the ideal choice for anyone currently paying more than $500 for “designer” stock eyewear that doesn’t fit. With frames priced at $349, custom-tailored eyewear is simpler and more attainable than ever before.
All lenses come with standard scratch-resistant, anti-reflective, and hydrophobic coatings. High-index material is included at no extra cost. Additionally, blue light filtering and polarized lenses are also available upon request.
Your custom eyewear will arrive in a few weeks and fit perfectly, just as you designed them. If they don’t or if they need to be returned for any reason, just let us know. Our Perfect-Fit Guarantee gives you 30 days to send them back for a full refund.
New colors for you to choose from! Be sure to check out "Matrix," a Topology office favorite.
Ratings and Reviews
Excited about this app!
I will gladly pay a 3.5x price point over Warby Parker to try this company, which offers a customized fit, user customization of fit and style, a UI that works and is responsive, and better materials. UI feedback:
1) I want my width / height / drop user customizations to be frame-specific; why make my choices stick across frames?
2) Great favorites feature — but making existing favorites editable, so that I can tweak my customizations is a must-have. Please add this!
3) I get that facial images on a horizontal plane are necessary to detect landmarks and customize fit, but when I see renderings, I want to see them at more angles. Can you make the “try it on” screen use my camera (see Warby Parker app), or else make the initial video collection phase ask for “now look around or up and down to capture more angles of your face” so we can see glasses not just on a left-right axis of our faces? This would be nice to have.
While standard eyeglasses generally fit me well, I was interested in trying Topology glasses. I am very happy that I did! The glasses fit well and look equal or better than other luxury eyeglasses that I’ve tried on or owned. You are getting that quality (e.g., Italian Acetate) for less money, at least compared to other glasses I had been looking at. The custom fitting and design is a bonus. This is why I would recommend Topology.
As far as process, I was pretty pleased. It was unclear to me how perfect your face scan needed to be, and so I rescanned three times to ensure it was a good scan. I positioned my phone and arms on a counter and kneeled to minimize movement during the scan - I think this worked well. As far as frames and colors, the rendering gives you some perspective, but the photographs were really helpful in understanding the actual design details and true colors of the frames. From the time I ordered to receiving my glasses, it took 13 days.
If I have any critiques, it is that they have a limited number of frame choices at this point. That said, there still is a good amount of variety, and the multitude of color choices greatly help. Ultimately, I am very pleased with my choice because the color I selected helped compensate for some some frame design details I was unsure of.
Hope this is helpful to those looking for a new pair of high-end glasses!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the great feedback. We are actively working on new styles and colors and look forward to sharing these new options with you soon.
If you're a control freak like me, you'll love Topology eyewear. I had a fun time designing my own glasses. I had over $500 left in my flex health spending account so I wanted a high quality pair of frames. Topology fell in to my lap as a Instagram add and their platform caught my eye. I downloaded the app and designed my frames. It was super fun and coming from San Francisco, I knew the glasses were going to be high quality. The whole process was fun and not a headache like going to a store and trying on a plethora of germy frames only to choose something that's sorta okay. You design the frames to a 3-D model of your own face, Id wish I had more on my flex health card, I'd love to design 5 more pairs. The best part is how light weight the frames are. I now don't get pressure headaches anymore, like I did with my $99 frames because they are so heavy. You get what you pay for and my Topology glasses are high quality.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.