Fractions lets students use a bar or circle to represent, compare, and perform operations with fractions with denominators from 1 to 100. Choose the fraction model and number of equal parts. Use a color to select specific parts to show a fraction of the whole. Reveal or hide numeric labels as needed. Superimpose fractions upon each other to compare fractions or see equal parts.
• Use a bar or circle as the whole.
• Divide each whole into anywhere from 1 to 100 equal parts.
• Compare fractions and represent equivalent fractions.
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide with fractions.
• Explore the relationship between fractions, percents, and decimals.
• Select the size of the whole and the number of equal parts.
• Hide and reveal fraction labels.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Write equations and expressions with the math text tool.
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976. Our mission is to inspire and enable individuals to discover and develop their mathematical confidence and ability.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education. Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
Minor enhancements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you for this easy to use app! It's free and has no ads! I use it with my homeschooled children who love to do anything on the iPad. I love that it can be used with any math curriculum, for any grade that studies fractions. Just a note, this is a tool, not a game, it is not meant to teach fractions without guidance from a teacher.
I'm so glad someone has come up with a simple way to represent fractions! This will be so useful with my elementary math intervention students.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.