Fractions lets students use a bar or circle to represent, compare, and perform operations with fractions with denominators from 1 to 100. Choose the fraction model and number of equal parts. Use a color to select specific parts to show a fraction of the whole. Reveal or hide numeric labels as needed. Superimpose fractions upon each other to compare fractions or see equal parts.
• Use a bar or circle as the whole.
• Divide each whole into anywhere from 1 to 100 equal parts.
• Compare fractions and represent equivalent fractions.
• Add, subtract, multiply, and divide with fractions.
• Explore the relationship between fractions, percents, and decimals.
• Select the size of the whole and the number of equal parts.
• Hide and reveal fraction labels.
• Hide and reveal work with resizable covers to create your own problems and model strategies.
• Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
• Add equations, expressions, and descriptions with the math text and writing tools.
• Share your work by saving an image or providing a share code to others.
This resource is brought to you by The Math Learning Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to K-12 education since 1976. Our mission is to inspire and enable individuals to discover and develop their mathematical confidence and ability.
This app was crafted by Clarity Innovations. We help improve teaching and learning by creating solutions that match promising technologies with the needs of education. Visit us: www.clarity-innovations.com
New features in Version 2:
• Share your work by saving an image or url, or providing a sharing code to others. Great for creating the initial setup of an activity, then sharing it with students so they can explore it further.
• Enter text directly from your keyboard with the new writing tool. Add labels, descriptions, or instructional text to your work.
• More easily edit equations and other math text using a traditional text field.
• Drawings on the workspace stay visible when the drawing palette is closed.
• Hide and reveal fractions and other elements with resizable covers.
Ratings and Reviews
School versus fractions
I like fractions because it is a great way to learn fractions in a friendly way / compare fractions. In fractions there are two different ways of putting in fractions and you can do any fraction you want!
Thank you for this easy to use app! It's free and has no ads! I use it with my homeschooled children who love to do anything on the iPad. I love that it can be used with any math curriculum, for any grade that studies fractions. Just a note, this is a tool, not a game, it is not meant to teach fractions without guidance from a teacher.
I'm so glad someone has come up with a simple way to represent fractions! This will be so useful with my elementary math intervention students.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Math Learning Center
- 2.6 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 The Math Learning Center
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.