Weather based music video stations that uses every aspect of your surrounding day to play mood & tempo controlled playlists. Great for music discovery!
Do you tend to like Icelandic Metal on sunny days, but have a thing for Indie Rock when it rains? Maybe you even dig Classic Rock on humid afternoons? WeatherTunes Music is deeply connected to the rhythm of your day.
WeatherTunes Music will fine-tune to your likes and dislikes. If it notices, for example, you skipped a large amount of contemporary r&b songs, and marked a lot of classic r&b songs as favorites, it will adjust and start playing more classic r&b for you. All while matching the mood and tempo to your surrounding day.
No email needed. No login required. No thinking, just hit play and go.
- Continuously updating music as the weather changes throughout the day
- At a glance information on the weather using the colors on the weather bar. White is clear skies, the darker the grey, the cloudier it is, and the deeper the blue, the rainer it is.
- Down to the hour detailed information on precipitation, wind speed and humidity, when you swipe your finger over the weather bar.
- Choose from eleven genres, or just hit play and go by choosing the 'Smart Station'.
- Swipe up and watch the video.
- Choose your own color theme.
- Better than radio!
- WeatherTunes uses the the best quality video provided when on wifi, the best being 720p. When on a data connection it defaults to 360p, but switches to 240p if the connection is slow.**
* WeatherTunes does not cache any songs, and is at its best when using a wifi connection, or a strong data signal.
** At 360p a full hour of music will use aprox 260mb. At 240p, the number is 162mb
Introducing the Smart Station! It learns your tastes as you like, dislike, skip and play songs and adapts the station to only play genres and songs that your into, that also fit your current weather conditions! Just hit play and go.
Some more updates:
- iPhone X ready.
- Added tempo as a factor in song selection
- If there is a weather alert, they will appear directly underneath the weather bar. Tapping it will take you to the appropriate web site for more information.
- Added an advanced feature that you can turn on in the settings. Now if you want to know the cloud cover percentage, and the uv index, just turn it on and it will show up along with the already existing wind speed, humidity and precipitation percentage when you drag over the weather bar.
- Song selection has been completely redone and is much more effective and efficient.
- As usual, further improvements on the weather to mood conversion.
- Reggae station was removed to make room for the smart station. Reggae songs will however show up in the smart station.
- Smoother animations
- A today widget has been added. It shows you the current conditions and includes the weather bar to get a glimpse of the next 24 hours.
- Better handling of how full screen ads.
- More efficient processes for finding and playing songs throughout the app.
- UI and bug fixes.
Minor bug & ui fixes.
Minor update that fixes an issue where the banner ad would take up more memory than needed.
Fixed a crash that occurred when returning from turning on location services from inside the settings app.
Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when starting the app for the first time, and made a few small UI fixes, especially for the iPhone X.
Added metadata song sub-genre, song mood, and song tempo to the 'more items' menu item for the song.
Cleaned up some code and made some minor adjustments to the weather to mood conversion.
Fixed a bug that prevented the app from finding the video with the introduction of iOS 12. Sorry about that.
Various small bug fixes and updates
Fixed a small bug that caused the app to crash ocassionally for paid users when it tries to load an ad before its done checking if its an adless app.
Fixed a bug that would stop the video player from loading the song.
Updated a library that caused the videos to not play for the last week or so, plus other various small bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Fun! But interrupted?
Have enjoyed this app, great way to hear old & new music!
But new op system could be causing problems, app quits after a few bars of music 😞 hope to hear its fixed soon!
Developer Response ,
Hi LD71, the latest version should fix the issue you described. Thanks for using Weathertunes and I hope you still like it!
Really wanted to love this app.
So I downloaded the app let it find my location everything is going great I’m super excited to see what music the weather has brought with it and bam like a slap to the face it’s broken. The app finds a song I never hear it then after about two seconds it saw there was an error with the video. Happens in every genre including the smart station. So if the developers wanna help me out I’m on an iPhone 10S running 12.1.3 at the moment. I’ll update if I get a response or a fix. Hate to do this but I can’t use the app for anything other than a daily weather outlook.
Developer Response ,
Hi Rockinpilot127, I understand your annoyance. There was an issue with a library I was using, and it needed to be updated to get it back working. Please check your updates section for version 188.8.131.52 and update it. That version fixes the issue you described. Thanks for trying the app, and I hope you like it now that it’s fixed.
Seen it on reddit and wanted to give it a try, very very cool. I really like how you have the videos embedded and can watch them if you want to stay in the app. The only other thing I would like to suggest is maybe adding photos on the main weather screen that reflects the weather instead of just the colored background choices; similar to Yahoo weather's app were for example if it's raining then different rainy photos show up, if it's sunny then bright photos show up etc. But awesome job!! Thank you.
- ari amanatidis
- 50.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 WeatherTunes
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Take me out for coffee $3.99
- Take me out for a pint of beer $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.