“A killer puzzle! 5/5 stars” - Touch Arcade
Become Skullface, a psycho slasher bent on slaughtering campers in this darkly comic ode to 80’s horror!
“An instant classic. 5/5” - Gamezebo
“A smart and addictive puzzler… you’re going to absolutely love it.” - Pocket Gamer
From the twisted mind behind Bejeweled and Peggle (and some other guys) comes a diabolical puzzle game that also happens to be a bloody tribute to the VHS era of videotape horror! No one is safe… no law enforcement enforces the law enough… and no animals or children are harmed… in the summer horror hit of 1984.
“The most brutal game I’ve played so far this year.” - Kotaku
“Hands down, the most ridiculously, absurdly, insanely over the top violent game I’ve ever seen. 4/5” - Dread Central
“Unusual? Yes. Wickedly good fun? You bet!” -Cult of Mac
“Brutally cute! Brilliant and funny… drenched in good-humored gore.” -Hardcore Gamer
• 11 gut-wrenching “videotapes” for over 140 puzzle levels + more to come!
• Traps! Cops! SWAT teams! Land mines! Rotary telephones! Cats! Don’t kill the cats!
• Unlock multiple deranged killers, including ones based on cult horror movies such as “American Mary”
• Starring Mark Meer (Cmdr Shepard from Mass Effect) and Derek Mears (Friday the 13th)
• Discover dozens of spectacular “Gorepack” kill scenes featuring wood-chippers, lawn mowers, Sumerian demon incantations, and more!
• All-new DELETED SCENES revealed for each movie, for optional 'extra-challenge' puzzles!
• Now includes a fresh new set of Series 1 iMessage stickers!!
• Genuine synth-laden hair metal soundtrack by legendary Canadian band GNÜ TRUNTION
• No internet required! We're proud to present Slayaway Camp as a fully offline game experience. Slash on an airplane, bus, or out in the woods around the campfire!
“Surprisingly wonderful… two thumbs way up!” -Jim Sterling, The Jimquisition
“Will slash its way into your heart.” -CGMagazine
“The most successful ode to slasher films ever” -RelyOnHorror
“Slayaway Camp is a killer.” -Gamespew
“A cute kill ’em up… sure, there’s dismemberment, decapitation and quite a lot of impaling, but it’s adorable.” -Rock Paper Shotgun
Visit http://www.slayawaycamp.com for tourism info or to sign up for the free Monthly Murderer Club!
- Brand new Santa's Slay puzzle levels!
- Unlock the Santa's Slay killers in the Mystery Box!
- Beat all standard movies to unlock the extra-spicy NC-17 (New Challenge) levels!
- Minor bug fixes and improved stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Puzzle Game
This game nailed a deadly combo of engaging, challenging, interesting puzzles with over-the-top horror and graphic violence. Granted, said violence is in the form of cartoony block characters, so it’s a sickening twist of comically cute gore. As a pretty “old” gamer, this adult themed game reminds me of the Wii game Madworld, which ended up sucking because the game itself was extremely repetitive and too boring for the gore to save it. Slayaway Camp instead is a great game packaged in a gory case. It will keep the most serious of us puzzlers occupied for hours and give us a few giggles and satisfying Mortal Kombat type finish moves along the way. The gameplay reminds me of my favorite mobile game of all time, King Rabbit, with cute murderers rather then cute bunnies. If you like this or that, you will like the other. I’ve never felt so guilty busting a smile or chuckle once in a while. What a game. Well done developers!
Still loving this. I was afraid the variety would end and the game would get boring after the first few camps. Wrong! You have to play to appreciate, but the police, telephones, swat team people, and light switches make the puzzles practically limitless. The cats are my favorite - game is about killing people, but touch or drown a cat and you’re busted for animal cruelty. This game = epic!
And now for something completely different.
In a world where most puzzle games are a variation of Candy Crush (which is really a variation of Tetris,) it’s refreshing to see something completely different, especially if you’re a fan of horror films.
Not only is the main game strategy based, and with no shortage of levels and playable characters, but there’s also the “Faces of Killed” sub game which is more of a mindless time waster.
And while I’ve had this app for a while, I never got around to rating it, however, the recent induction of Bob as a playable character was epic enough that I had to finally do so.
Awesome nostalgic puzzle fun
UPDATE review for updated game.
Holy cow this game just keeps getting better. Developer just added more free levels and they rock.
Slayaway camp is a hoot. It's just a puzzle game but the hilarious way it's presented is the best part. Even when you fail it's a joy hearing the closing credit song and seeing the credits roll. Different cast just about every time lol. It pokes fun at all those silly 80's slasher movies we grew up on in a way that makes me want to see them all again. Levels are presented in an old video store style that’s so funny.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blue Wizard Digital LP
- 141 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2020 Blue Wizard Digital
- In-App Purchases
- Supernatural Forces DLC $1.99
- Monthly Murderer Series 1 $0.99