Screen Tint is a handy utility app that is designed to reduce the brightness of your Mac’s screen, proving particularly useful for users with sensitive eyes and for those that wish to use their Mac in a darker environment, but find that their screen’s brightness to be too harsh.
We recommend to use a warm tint when working at night and a cool tint for working in artificial light.
• Choose between 7 primary tint colors, with the ability to also configure any tint colour of your choice using the colour palette
• Ability to toggle the intensity of the tint colour using the ‘color intensity’ slider
• Enable the app to run between a specified time schedule automatically
• Quickly be able to enable/disable the app from the menubar itself
• Tint not only your Mac’s screen as the main display, but also attached external displays
• Perfect for users wanting to use their Mac’s in the night/dark environments
• Useful for users that have sensitive eyes and find the regular brightness levels of Macs to be too high
• Give your screen a unique colored tint that’s both good for your eyes, as well as visually appealing
- Added support for Apple Silicon M1
Ratings and Reviews
This app is great and has helped ease my eye strain tremendously. I would only say that its blanket approach where everything gets tinted could use some sophistication.
It’s OK – one little fix would make it perfect
Useful and easy to use. Has a slider to adjust intensity. But it ought to have an option to control color tint without changing contrast, or i.e. change hue without changing value!
If your tint color is orange and you turn it all the way up, it should show a monochrome screen with varying values of orange instead of greys and whites, right? Instead as you increase intensity it will turn the screen all one color, all one darkness, a blank orange screen.
If one has dyslexia they should try finding the color that is the most restful for their eyes. As you view each screen color try to notice which color is most restful for your eyes. It could be helpful for those who like to read a lot and their eyes get tired. Quite useful to me.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- FIPLAB Ltd
- 5.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.8 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 FIPLAB Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.