The official app for the iRobot™ Root Coding Robot.
Make whimsical discoveries through coding and creation! Root is a robot that can draw, sing, and do many incredible things—launching your imagination to new heights. Develop your skills as you explore a curated library of activities, lessons, videos, and games in the app. With Root as your coding companion, you’ll discover the joys of programming, music, art, and more!
With Root’s three programming levels, learning to code has never been easier:
LEVEL 1: Graphical blocks teach the essential logic skills of coding. Problem solve and code creatively with Root before even knowing how to read.
LEVEL 2: Hybrid coding blocks give more precise control of the code. The advanced drag-and-drop language builds computational fluency and introduces new coding concepts like variables, math, and logic.
LEVEL 3: Seamlessly enter the world of full text coding. Build advanced algorithms, complex math functions, and control Root's actuators and sensors with the syntax and structure of professional coding languages like Swift.
Get started today!
iROBOT™ ROOT CODING FEATURES
With the iRobot™ Root Coding app, kids of all ages can advance their coding skills while they create their own robot behaviors and creations.
- Code in three distinct coding levels—and translate between them
- Simulate how Root will react with the advanced simulation module
- Explore a curated library filled with project ideas and videos to inspire your own creations
- Complete the integrated coding curriculum, with step-by-step lessons and guided projects
- Play interactive games that apply the coding skills you are learning
- Use the integrated help guide to learn about coding blocks and answer common questions
The app also provides the opportunity to enroll in Root Academy—unlocking additional learning materials.
- Browse Root’s specially designed, standards-aligned lesson plans
- Download printable worksheets to share with your class
- Try out first-look activities before the rest of the Root community
- 1 month free trial and then only $4.99 per month
Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew each month 24-hours before the end of the current period, and your credit card will be charged $4.99/month through your iTunes account unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
* Featured projects — More easily discover new, curated content from the Root team
* Bug fixes — Minor enhancements to improve reliability
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simply the best coding experience out there. Block language translates to different levels of difficulty, both my little boy and little girl love learning with Root.
What happened to the user submitted projects?
It seems with recent updates, the user contributed projects have disappeared. Are these available somewhere else now?
Root is a great learning program for kids and adults. My children love Root and it is easy to learn.
- iRobot Corporation
- 684.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2019 Root Robotics, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Root Academy $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.