MetaGear is a simple to use app to view and edit the information (geotag, date, camera, copyright etc.) stored within your photos. With this app you can simply and quckly edit the tags of batch of images (like deleting geotag, or copyright).
With MetaGear you can:
• view Exif, IPTC, JFIF, TIFF tags from the images in human readable format
• add, edit or delete tags
• edit tags of several images at the same time
• hide the tags you don't use
• select the geolocation on map
• use MetaGear extension to edit tags right in Photos App
• create presets of metadata changes that you can apply further, organize them in groups, import/export to file.
• view actual file name, size and format
• supports Live Photos.
- support of iOS 13
- fixed file names
Ratings and Reviews
Nice batch EXIF editor
I used MetaGear to add locations and edit dates (by offset) for photos taken on my non-iPhone camera. I went through 3k+ photos in a few days. My main feature request is to locate photos by location so I can adjust with more precise location (e.g., Paris => Louvre). This can be via location viewer in the app itself or via an “open in” extension in the photos app.
Keyword changes not what I was hoping
I bought this app mostly to make keyword changes. The good thing is that it does batch keyword changes. But there are two things I wish t did better
1. I wish I could easily swipe between pictures and select from common keywords for each picture. Right now I have to click on about 8 buttons and type in each keyword i want to add.
2. If I had feature number one I wouldn’t necessarily want this feature but I wish I could add a keyword to a batch of photos that have different keywords already. Right now you can only make them ALL the same keyword, you can’t just add a new keyword to all of them.
It functions really well and I will continue to use it for now. Hopefully there is a way to make keywords easier.
Good but can be improved
What I miss is being able to search on meta data. For example finding all pictures within a date range or certain location.
Since I have a lot of old imported pictures in my iCloud I would like to find all pictures that have empty fields in date and/or location to be able to add data to the pictures.
Another way to add that functionality would be to go from apple’s pictures app and be able to multi edit a selection of pictures.
Please add either so I can add metadata to my old imported pictures.
(I have way too many to just scroll and look for them)
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ilya Kuznetsov
- 33.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017, Ilya Kuznetsov
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.