Sharpen your critical thinking skills and improve patient care. Experience with clinical cases is key to mastering the art and science of medicine and ultimately to providing patients with competent clinical care. Case Files®: Obstetrics & Gynecology, 5th Edition, provides 60 true-to-life cases that illustrate essential concepts in obstetrics and gynecology. Each case includes an easy-to-understand discussion correlated to key concepts, definitions of key terms, clinical pearls, and USMLE®-style review questions to reinforce your learning. With Case Files®, you’ll learn instead of memorize.
· Learn from 60 high-yield cases, each with board-style questions
· Master key concepts with clinical pearls
· Cement your knowledge with 25 new integrated challenge questions
· Polish your approach to clinical problem solving and to patient care
· Perfect for medical students, physician assistant students, nurse midwife and nurse practitioner students
This free application includes 1 sample case study from the 60 that are available through an in-app purchase of $34.99 of Case Files OB/GYN.
Each case has been designed for the iPhone/iPad with interactive features.
- Study/Exam/Bookmark modes are available for board-style review questions.
- In the Study mode, check the answers as you tackle the questions.
- In the Exam mode, time yourself and review the answers after the time is up.
- In the Bookmark mode, review only the questions you have flagged for further study.
- File away correctly answered questions after each practice quiz.
- Choose the number of questions in each practice quiz: 25, 50, 75, 100 or all.
- Opt to include questions from previous quizzes.
- Learn further from interactive questions at the end of each case, with explanations.
- Sort cases by name or by case number.
- Take down notes using the Notes section for each case.
- Add tags to each case.
- Search cases by title or by tags.
- Store quiz scores to track your progress.
- iCloud backs up and syncs your data so that you can use this app on any of your devices.
Fixed questions that were cut off on some devices.
Ratings and Reviews
CAUTION!!! Please read before purchase!
I purchased this app to study for COMLEX Level II, and it was a great, high-yield resource. HOWEVER, my iPad later crashed and I had to get a new one. When I went to restore the app on my new iPad to prepare for COMLEX Level III the following year, I had to PURCHASE THE APP AGAIN for the full price (around $40) because they had removed the 4th edition I had purchased and replaced it with the 5th edition!!!!! I contacted the Apple Store, and they could not refund me, but suggested I contact Expanded Apps. After contacting them, they completely denied that this was the case, saying I should be able to download it for free as long as I was using the same iCloud. BUT THEY ARE WRONG - if you lose your iPad or break it or update it, you will lose access to this very expensive app and have to purchase it again!!! I would never have purchased this app if I had known this was going to happen. Unfortunately, I also purchased several other Case Files apps during 3rd year including Internal Medicine, Surgery, and Pediatrics, which I also have lost access to since the editions were updated. How horrible that all that money I thought I was investing was technically stolen from me after my iPad crashed. Very very very bad business!! I will strive to let everyone know to buy the paper copies of Case Files rather than the app so this won't happen to them. It's a shame really!!!
Developer Response ,
So sorry you are upset about your purchase of Case Files: OB/GYN. As we explained to you when you contacted us, we were not able to update the 4th edition because it was removed from sale in 2016 by the copyright owner. Because this app contains medical content, it's important that it is always up to date and the 5th edition, which is sold as a separate title (same as with the physical books) was placed in the app store. Your app would have continued to work even after it was removed from sale, but unfortunately, when Apple updated their operating system, the new OS didn't work with older apps. This is the reason the app would not restore on your iPad. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or need assistance.
- Expanded Apps, Inc.
- 40.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Copyright © 2019 Expanded Apps, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Case Files OBGYN, OB/GYN 5th Ed. Lange Case Files $34.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.