The Best iOS Recording App: Free...For a Limited Time.
**"Useful tools for recording via iOS continue to hit Apple’s App Store, and the new Daisychain Recorder is among the most unique for collaborative music and audio content production"**
Strother Bullins, Technology Editor
ProSounds Pro Audio Review
LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE UNLOCKING OF OUR EXPORT FEATURE
The Daisychain Recorder is the most original Multi-Track Recording app on the market today. Designed for songwriters, musicians, and bands, it boasts dynamic collaboration features not available in any other app. With amazing sound quality, customization, and host of after effects, your friends and fans will have a hard time believing what they're hearing was recorded on an iPhone. Whether you're in a band, or recording solo, Daisychain will become a standard in your recording arsenal.
Experience it for yourself. Download today.
- Wirelessly Daisychain up to 4 iPhones and/or iPads to record in sync across devices and achieve a more dynamic live recording, with much better instrument isolation
- Take your recording to the next level with our free suite of back-end features accessible in our beautiful multi-track mixer. Adjust the noise gate and EQ. Add compression, reverb, and delay. Mix it down to perfection.
- Record solo, overdub additional tracks, and seamlessly drop your tracks into any DAW, already lined up and in-sync for further production.
- Send your project to collaborators with Daisychain, across the hall or across the world. They can overdub additional tracks and send back.
- Customize the microphone settings. Choose between the available internal microphones on your iOS device and adjust advanced settings like mic polarity and input gain. Or plug in an external mic through the input jack, the lightning connector or bluetooth.
- Import standard audio files (mp3s, m4a, wav and Apple's lossless 16 bit audio) and overdub additional tracks.
- Record in Apple lossless format for no compromising with the recording quality. Or record as a compressed m4a to make the most with your storage space.
- Export mixdowns or individual tracks in a variety of formats (lossless m4a, uncompressed wav or aiff files, or as a compressed m4a). Or export the tracks directly as recorded with no effects or transcoding to avoid any quality loss in the signal.
- Add additional tracks to your project by bouncing or cloning.
Tip: In order to get an even more isolated recording during band practice, connect your instrument to your device through an iRig2 (or similar device), with a monitor out. Then connect your iRig to your amp so everyone in your band (including you) can hear what your playing. Until our next version is ready, the signal you record will be dry. But once your recording is complete, your individual tracks can be wirelessly exported to your computer and dropped into any DAW, where amp modeling can be applied after the fact.
* The export feature is free to unlock for a limited time
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Compability issues with iOS 11.
Bugs fixed that could cause app to crash when transitioning from background mode and exporting audio.
Ratings and Reviews
Super cool technology but not a novelty
We just used it at band practice with 4 and 3 phones and it rocks. We turned the iOS native compression on because we’re a full rock band with drums.
It’s just so cool to have 3-4 mics associated nearer to somebody’s amp or the drums. And it just works. Easy enough for us to figure out. Still need to explore all the iPhone mic options it seems to allow. Some diagrams there would be neat. Plus info on if a case makes a difference or not.
Super app and so cool that they figured out how to sync everything so tightly.
Essential song writing tool
Using this app for jotting down all my ideas. Love the built in effects and ability to overdub. Tried it the other night with my writing partner (guitar and keys) - used the Daisychain sync feature and captured both our parts very clearly (was also great being able to solo each one). Very impressive technology - every songwriter needs this app!
easy to use, works like a charm
Great app. Used it with two friends and recorded a couple of songs. Easy to sync phones, record tracks and edit. Great for quick sessions, great playback quality. Five stars because it’s such a good idea and allows us to record anywhere.
The developer, Daisychain Recorder LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Daisychain Recorder LLC
- 33 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Daisychain Recorder LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Export Capability
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.