Use Wi-Fi to control thousands of devices like TVs, cable and satellite boxes, receivers, Blu-ray players, lights, thermostats, and many more smart home devices. Free trial subscriptions are offered for new users. An active subscription is required. Any prior purchase of Simple Service is recognized by this app.
IMPORTANT: Some devices may not be controlled directly via Wi-Fi and require a Simple Blaster adapter for infrared control. Check simplecontrol.com to determine whether any of your devices need a Simple Blaster.
Winner of the 2015 and 2016 CEA Home Technology App of the Year Award! This major new release takes Simple Control to the next level.
• The Leader in AV and Home IP Control: Directly control thousands of devices via Wi-Fi including Apple TV, Fire TV, DISH, Sonos, TiVo, Nest, Kodi, Plex, DirecTV, Roku – automatically discovered on your network.
• HomeKit: The only app that provides control of your entire home including HomeKit accessories, seamlessly blending home control with audio/video control.
• Unmatched Compatibility: Over 300,000 commands for IP, Infrared, and even Serial devices automatically organized into easy to use panels.
• Sonos: Runs your entire Sonos system. Group/regroup speakers, setup automatic regroupings and control Sonos services.
• Macros+Automation: Sequence precise control over your devices.
• Receivers: Integrates with popular receivers from Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Marantz, and more including receiver music systems such as HEOS and MusicCast.
• TV/Projectors: Sony, Samsung, LG, Vizio, Epson, Sharp, Panasonic, JVC.
• Lighting, Thermostats, Cameras: Lutron, Nest, Honeywell, SmartThings, Philips Hue, Vera, Insteon, WeMo, and any RTSP, Arlo, or HomeKit camera.
• TV Guides: Personalized listings for 34 countries to tune channels. Detailed episode, season, and cast information.
• DVR Guides: DVR control for DISH, TiVo, and DirecTV
• Media Guides: Content guides for Sonos, Kodi, Plex, iTunes, VLC, Kaleidescape
• Live TV: Watch Live TV with HDHomeRun
• PiP: Watch your cameras or Live TV using Picture in Picture mode on compatible iPads.
• Live synchronization of your home configuration across multiple iOS devices
• Triggers: Time/timer or device events can execute command sequences such as turning on lights when a SmartThings motion detector trips, or shutting everything down at 8pm.
• iCloud Backup/Restore
• iBeacons for automatic room switching
• Widget for quick access to controls
• Apple TV companion app to view Live TV/cameras.
• Apple Watch companion app
Requires dedicated iOS, tvOS, or macOS:
• Amazon Echo Voice Control
• SmartThings Triggers
• Remote Access including remote streaming for video cameras and live TV
• macOS Remote Control
Requires Simple Service Unlimited:
• Multiple Home support
• User Permissions
• Invites for Guests and Integrators
Choose a subscription level based on number of devices controlled:
10 Devices — Control up to 10 devices: $1.99/month or $19.99/year
30 Devices – Control up to 30 devices: $29.99/year
100 Devices – Control up to 100 devices: $49.99/year
Unlimited – Control everything with multiple homes + permissions: $99.99/year
Subscriptions renew via iTunes Account at the selected interval unless auto-renew is disabled 24 hours before end of period. Subscriptions may be managed in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused free trial portion is forfeited on purchasing a subscription.
An always-on device is required for some advanced features such as Remote Access and Amazon Echo Voice Control. For instance, a dedicated iPad or iPhone can be used that doubles as the remote for your Living Room. The always-on device can also be an Apple TV with the Simple Control TV app or the macOS app.
* Fixes for iOS 13 and iPhone 11.
* Updates for device compatibility.
* Removed Crashlytics crash reporting system due to Google shutting it down [5.7.14]
* Added notification of upcoming guide services and app transition. [5.7.14]
* Siri Shortcuts: The only AV and Home control system with full Siri support: The Activity and Room Edit panels now feature Add to Siri. All Activities are accounted for in Siri’s machine learning to show up as suggestions. Each can be started or stopped via Siri. Any room also has Play, Pause, Mute, and Unmute intents that apply to all activities in the room. (Siri Custom Intents require iOS 12)
* Voice Control: A new Microphone button on the Action Panel sends voice commands to compatible media players.
* Samsung 2016-2018 TV models now provide direct HDMI input selection for most models.
* Activities: Re-ordering sub-launched Activities and URLs relative to other commands in a sequence is now possible.
* Plex Apple TV Guide: Plex can now be discovered and controlled when running on Apple TV. Open the Apple TV from the Devices panel, tap Advanced, tap Discover Plex. The Plex Media Guide will be presented when running Plex for Apple TV.
* Amazon Fire TV: Launch Plex, Netflix, and Amazon Prime apps by command. Also, detection of power status prevents unintended power toggles.
* nVidia Shield: Launch Plex, Netflix, and other apps by command. Also, detection of power status prevents unintended power toggles.
* Search in Media Guides has been added for DISH, TiVo, DirecTV, Plex, Kaleidescape, and more.
* Command Repeat types (Progressive, Constant, Interval) and durations can now be added to commands in the Activity Editor.
* Volume Pads now allow editing button commands.
* Video Camera Zoom now allows much greater precision.
* Persistent Network Identifier can now be edited in the Device Editor. This can be useful for specific troubleshooting such as manually adding DirecTV Genie clients.
* Philips Hue lights now use a new icon library we designed for each actual bulb/lamp type.
* Various additional fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve been a subscribing customer since the Roomie days. And now with the boom of home automation and IoT devices, this app has taken on a whole new life! I recently upgraded to Simple Control 5 so I could control my A/V with Alexa voice commands. Upgrading was a learning curve, but that’s to be expected with a major app overhaul. Works great! Love the new interface (now that I’m used to is). But you must have a dedicated iDevice (I'm using an old iPhone 6s) as your Simple Control. Even though I’m very tech literate, it took a bit of finagling to get it working. But it does work. Just stick with it, read the help forums, and email Simple Control support, who are super responsive!
A must have Smart Home Solution
I have been a user of this service/app and while it does involve a learning curve, the investment of your time to configure the platform is well worth it. They have a comprehensive setup guide and compatibility chart which was very helpful. Most of the configuration is intuitive through a visual interface.
As far as competitors - I think Simple Control is the perfect balance between customizable and ease of configuration. Other solutions I have research are far lacking the range of devices supported and in a world of new tech constantly entering the market, I can count on Simple Control to integrate into the platform. Other solutions I have seen require some coding or large investment with little flexibility to make quick changes.
There are many bad reviews around the time of a re-vamp. I agree the solution was garbage when the transition to version 5 occurred. They have since released many improvements which makes the app way more stable and powerful than the original. 4 stars because there is still some room for improving panel design customization and adding more overall color to the look.
Has Potential, Until You Have a Question
This product has been around for a while. The developer has a little trouble making up his mind what to call it -- Roomie Remote, Simple Home, Simple Control... it's tough to understand that direction. On the surfact, it looks to be a great idea -- integrated IP remote of all your home components. Just don't expect any decent documentaiton on exactly HOW a particular device is integrated or WHAT you have to do to make it work. Don't bother with the user-to-user forum -- the developer "moderates" all negative discussion or questions to the recyle bin. Facebook? Stock photos and pitches that are over a year old and all requests for help deleted with "contact Support through the app" responses. And then, there's that: Contacting "support" through the app results in evasive non-answers and "your question is closed" responses when you actually ask how a device is supposed to work. If you can figure this out entirely on your own, you may like it. Just don't expect any reasonable/understandable answers from the developer, who appears to be spending most of his time deleting users comments on all available forums.
- Roomie Remote, Inc
- 68.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Roomie Remote, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Simple Service – 10 Devices $1.99
- Simple Service – 10 Devices $19.99
- Simple Service – 30 Devices $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.