Summon a thunderstorm on your smart device. Relax and fall fast asleep to the sounds of rain and thunder. The screen or camera flashes when lightning strikes.*
*Defaults to screen for lightning light effects if camera flash is not available.
• Strong Thunderstorm — Heavy rain with frequent lightning and thunder nearby
• Normal Thunderstorm — Steady rain with a full range of lightning and thunder
• Weak Thunderstorm — Light rain with occasional lightning and thunder far off
• Passing Thunderstorms — Rain and lightning intensity changes as the storms pass
• Toggle rain sound effects
• Change rain audio (default, heavy rain, steady rain, light rain, rain on tin roof)
• Set rain volume
• Toggle thunder sound effects
• Set thunder volume
• Toggle delay thunder
• Toggle lightning light effects
• Change lightning output (camera flash, screen)
• Change delay lightning
• Change lightning transition effects
• Change lightning/thunder occurrence (default, occasional, normal, frequent)
• Change the color and max brightness of the lightning light effects (screen only)
• Change starting storm for Passing Thunderstorms (weak, normal, strong)
• Change cycle time for Passing Thunderstorms (15 min, 30 min, 60 min)
• Toggle background sounds (birds, cicadas, crickets, frogs)
• Set background volume
• Auto-start, Auto-stop, and Auto-restart thunderstorm (auto-restart activates auto-start and auto-stop)
• Sleep Timer with audio fade out
• Bluetooth and AirPlay supported via Control Center. Delay Lightning setting lets you choose how much time to delay the lightning to compensate for the wireless audio delay.
• Turn Screen Black button adds a black overlay and sets your mobile device to the minimum brightness. Screen Brightness Delay setting compensates for the minimum to maximum brightness delay on some mobile devices. Set to .25-1 second if the screen lightning light effects do not reach peak brightness when lightning is the closest, i.e., thunder is the loudest.
• Keep Awake setting prevents your mobile device from going to sleep so you can continue seeing the lightning light effects
• Hide Status Bar setting maximizes the mobile screen real estate for the screen lightning light effects
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you experience any issues. I'd love to hear your thoughts and appreciate you taking the time to rate and review the app. I want to continue to improve Thunderstorm Simulator and create a great experience for you and future users. Thank you! —Scott
Ad-supported version: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/thunderstorm-simulator-w-ads/id1482707561
Need help? Please email email@example.com
- improved tablet UI
Ratings and Reviews
Needs more customization options
Great app, but it needs more customization options like choosing thunder and lightning frequency, and maybe even a two buttons, one to trigger lightning and the other to trigger thunder, how loud the thunder is will depend on how long after the lightning flash you push the button.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Scott Dodson
- 76.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- © Scott Dodson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.