Invert is a tile flipping puzzle game for fans of brain teasers like Reversi, Go, Sudoku, Solitaire and Rubiks Cubes.
"Just what we are looking for in a puzzler" - 8/10 PocketGamer
"Watching the tiles shift color is mesmerizing." - AppAdvice
"...a game that’s as smart as it is welcoming." - Gamezebo
In Invert you press buttons around a tile grid that flip a certain pattern of tiles. Your goal is to make all tiles the same color using as few moves as possible. Easy to solve, but hard to solve well.
- Campaign: Solve levels in certain amount of moves. Take as long time as you need - there's no time limit.
- Challenge: Solve levels against the clock. Use as many moves as you want.
- Expert: Similar to Challenge Mode, but a lot harder. Like, a *lot* harder.
- 20 mind-bending patterns with 1000's of combinations
- Over 120 hand crafted levels
- Custom soundtrack per level
- 2 unique gameplay modes
- 1 expert mode.
- 0 distracting advertisements or commercials
Invert is made by Glitchnap, a Copenhagen-based band that makes games instead of records, and published by Noodlecake Studios.
"If you’re a big fan of Rubik’s Cube-type puzzles, Invert should fire your engines."
"Invert ... should give puzzle fans something tasty to chew on."
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed a night mode bug. Now you can play in bed and not strain those eye balls.
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and complex
The idea is simple. The solving can be complex. An elegant and minimalist puzzle that will keep you enthralled for minutes (each one takes a small number of moves) or hours (you have to figure out the right moves). I'm glad I found it.
Fun and simple
I like that this is a no thrills game. It's challenging, but not frustratingly punishing. Just something that passes short bursts of time. The graphics and colors are pleasing and doesn't take away from the game play. Buttons are responsive and the animation of the tiles flipping is quick. I just wish there was a free demo version so I could try the game before purchasing.
Like Vic-20 Brainstorm only much better
Until I saw Invert my favorite tile flipping game was the 30+ year-old Vic 20 game called Brainstorm. Invert finally does Brainstorm better, and by 'better', I mean better by a LOT! It's my opinion that Invert is the best tile flipping game ever.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Noodlecake Studios Inc
- 196.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Noodlecake Studios Inc.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.