**From the creators of Endless Alphabet and the other award-winning, teacher-approved Endless early learning apps.
MathTango is a groundbreaking app that makes learning addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division truly fun for kids aged 5-10 (Grades K-5)!
Kids will learn more and learn faster with a unique, classroom-tested combination of math puzzles (incorporating modern techniques that make math easier and more intuitive) and classic “world-building” activities found in games.
Kids will progress through dozens of math lessons as they earn monsters, complete missions, build out their own unique worlds, and discover even more fun and surprises along the way. While they’re having great fun, you’ll know they’re learning!
- Over 500 addition, subtraction, multiplication and division puzzles covering 40+ math levels and reviews, followed by a free play mode with more math puzzles for lesson reinforcement and advanced play.
- Addition and subtraction lessons include 5 unique puzzle types that cover: adding single digit numbers; adding doubles; making 10 to add 9; subtracting single digit numbers, and subtracting single digit numbers from double digit numbers.
- Multiplication and division lessons include 7 different puzzle types that cover multiplying with factors of 0 through 10 and dividing by 1 through 10.
- Gameplay is structured around two worlds: Island mode (addition and subtraction) and Space mode (multiplication and division). Each world involves an ever growing number of missions that must be completed to earn unique characters, and dozens of in-game items to customize the worlds.
- Player hints and tips make math lessons very clear to understand.
- 7-day free trial gives you unlimited access to all activities and lessons in the app before paying.
- Designed and developed for children of ages 5-10.
- 100% free of advertisements and offers.
- Learn on the go. You can fully enjoy the entire app even when the device is offline.
- MathTango is a completely original app conceived, developed, and tested by a passionate team of 5 parents at Originator.
MathTango is a subscription service that gives total access to everything available in the app. You can choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Payment will be charged to your Apple iTunes account after the 7-day free trial.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- You can use your subscription on any device registered with your Apple ID. Like all Apple subscriptions, MathTango can’t use family sharing to share subscriptions across different Apple IDs.
- Cancel your subscription anytime without a cancellation fee through Account Settings on your device.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Nothing like any of their previous games
It has some of the whimsy, but that's it. The UI is a confusing mess for kids and adults alike, it uses 3D poorly and makes it hard to see and interact with the objects in the game (no camera control and confusing layout reminiscent of mid-90’s games - in a bad way). It’s reading heavy which makes it unsuitable for young children who otherwise could benefit. So far I can’t locate anything to do other than the column block adding game, which is so repetitive even my four year old groans at it (14’s *again*?). Nothing about it is approachable, entertaining, or fun. It’s rote drilling of the worst kind. The whole purchase system feels like this was going to be a F2P micro transaction abomination, not an enjoyable educational title.
Developer Response ,
MathTango is an app for older kids 6-9 years old who are much more sophisticated and savvy than the 3-5 year olds using our Endless apps. We felt this was the right balance of Education+Fun for a more choiceful audience who are already playing real games from the App Store. So far so good based on child, parent and teacher feedback!
Best math app
I was looking for an app to help my 9 year old with multiplication, so I thought I would try this. I had no idea how helpful it was going to be for her addition/subtraction as well.
In response to some people who have written that the problems can be repetitive. They seem to be designed that way on purpose, and for good reason. The app helps kids memorize the combinations numbers of common sums so they don’t have to rely on counting all the time ie: all the different ways you can make 14. This has had a huge impact on my daughter’s math calculation speed.
And the best part is my daughter loves this app. It does a great job of teaching math and gives kids high rewards for doing it.
I believe there is one small draw back that prevented me from giving it 5 stars. I think the multiplication app requires too much knowledge of the times table already. Also, unlike the addition/subtraction side, it jumps around a lot between different times tables. I needed to give my daughter a multiplication chart so she didn’t get too frustrated.
I think this app would be 5 stars if the lower levels of the multiplication could focus on one or two sets of times tables at a time to build confidence and memorization. For example it could start with 0,1, and 2; then go to 2 and 3, etc, etc..
Otherwise, I can’t say enough good things about it. There really isn’t any other apps like it.
My 9 year old was having trouble with math. I sent him to kumon and he hated it. He would cry doing the worksheets and take forever to finish them. I started worrying because he seemed so stressed out over kumon and I didn’t want him to start hating math as a subject, so I decided to look for an alternative. In comes this app. He loves it and races to do it right after school everyday. He’s actually doing really well with it and no more crying over not being able to finish worksheets. Kumon might work for some kids, but I think my son has a differently wired brain, so I’m glad that an app like MathTango exists. It’s amazing, engaging, and most of all fun. I don’t think he even realizes how much he’s learning while he’s playing with this app. We love it!
- Originator Inc.
- 1.1 GB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Originator Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Complete Pack $11.99
- Beginner Pack $6.99
- Upgrade Pack $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.