MrMC is a software media center for playing videos, music, and pictures. MrMC, featuring a 10-foot user interface for use with televisions and remote controls. It allows users to play and view most videos, music, and other digital media files from local storage media and media devices/servers such as Emby, Plex, HDHomerun, TVHeadend and more.
- integrated Trakt support
- integrated Emby client with Direct Stream
- integrated Plex client with Direct Play
- integrated SMB, NFS, FTP/SFTP clients
- integrated LightEffects client (boblight/ambilight)
- integrated SQLite or external MySQL databases for video/music libraries
- supports MKV, DVDs (with DVD menu support) and other video files
- supports ACC, FLAC, DD, DTS and other audio formats
- supports MythTV, HDHomeRun and many other IPTV devices
- user installed python addons/plugins are not supported
- jellyfin: initial commit
- switch from libmpeg2 to ff-mpeg2video for dvd (menu/stills) playback
- tvos: fixup tvos navigation sounds
- ariana skin: bug fixes
- opacity skin: bug fixes
- opacity skin: TV Info bar
- libdsm 0.2.8_7
- libsmb2 1.0.0-4
- bump metadata.* addons
- add subtitle(text) opacity
- bump MythTV addon
- allow 0x1015 (dolby vision stream) if only one video stream
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Close but needs Improvement
I downloaded the Lite version to try this app before buying. When it works, it works well. Unfortunately, it seems to take several tries to start watching live TV from my MythTV backend. Either the guide data does not show, or the live TV shows channel unavailable. This occurs even when I verify the channel works by checking my Kodi front ends on my TV. Watching recordings and movies works very well. If the live Tv worked seamlessly, I would buy the full version immediately.
There could also be some improvement in the overall user interface. Getting to the controls for stopping, starting, pausing, etc, the media is not intuitive and takes a few tries to pull up the controls. A simple tap on the screen should bring up the media controls. It does not.
This review is strictly for using MrMC as a remote and/or client for Plex. Don't waste your time let alone purchase the full version. This is the typical coder's app. I'm sure it's elegant but only in the mind of its parent. The "human" interface stinks. Nonsense like it takes about 30 seconds to pull up the video controls (pause, FF, etc). Not because the app is slow. But because it is a complete mystery to anyone in this household as to how to access them. 3 of us have spent 2 days trying to find the magic touch that shows them. And all of us have found the only way is to tap all over the place, one finger, two fingers, whatever. Usually takes about 30 seconds before the controls suddenly appear. At which point, if you wanted a pause, you're not too impressed with MrMC. Setup is perplexing. Alphabetical order does not exist in the main menu, nor can the order be changed. I can go on but suffice to say, this might be a great client and/or remote for Plex. But it's not.
Not bad for something they didn’t write
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.