Get your Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen tickets quick and easy using this App!
You can use this app even before coming to Japan to buy tickets and reserve seats for Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen on Japan’s Golden Route connecting Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima and more.
- You can make a reservation straight after membership registration (no registration/annual fee).
- You can buy tickets or reserve seats from one month before departure date. You can reserve Shinkansen seats from the comfort of your own home or office. No need to queue up at the ticket office at stations!
- You can buy tickets and reserve seats for up to 6 persons at one time.
- Tickets can be purchased at lower prices, such as round-trip discount fare, etc.
- If done before picking up the tickets, you can make changes as many times as you need.
- Tickets for the most frequent trains, such as “Nozomi”, can be purchased.
- If 1 person is using the service, he/she can travel ticketless when registering a Japanese prepaid IC card for public transportation (*) before departure.
(*) Kitaca, PASMO, Suica, manaca, TOICA, PiTaPa, ICOCA, Hayakaken, nimoca, SUGOCA
▼ Main features
- Membership registration
- Purchase ticket/Reserve seats (time designation, train name designation, easy free seat reservation)）
- Confirm reservation
- Change and refund reservation
- Purchase history, Receipt display service
- Make pre-sale and after-hours reservation request
- Check, change member information
- Service status information (Link)
- Membership registration is required to use this app. For registration, personal information is required, such as member name, date of birth, and a valid credit card (*), etc.
(*) Visa, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners Club
- Ticket purchase (reservation) payment will be taken from the credit card registered on the account.
- To pick up tickets and get on the train, you will be required to have the pickup code. Tickets can be picked up from ticket vending machines, etc., at major ticket offices for the Tokaido Sanyo Shinkansen, such as Tokyo Station, Kyoto Station, Shin-Osaka Station, Hiroshima Station, etc.
- Please do not use this app to make a seat reservation for Japan Rail Pass.
- This service is displayed entirely in English.
- For more details on this service, please see the website.
Made a minor change
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I'm really glad there is app to book Shinkansen now. However, I'm use to apply credit/debit card once I figured out what train I need to buy or at purchase. It will will deter some from using it because they don't have a line of credit. How will this work for international customers?
I do not need a new membership ...
I am already a member of this online registration system (pc version) and have my credit card registered before having this app downloaded. I just wish I could have an option to login using my existing account instead of having to register for a new one. On top of that, it’s not letting me use my credit card even when I tried to sign up for a new account because my credit card has been registered with the pc version already. Also, since there’s no way to sign up for a new account using this app without inputting my credit card information, I basically just cannot use this app unless I have another credit card or have my existing pc version account canceled first and then sign up for a new one using this app. 😭
I was surprised to see the low reviews for this app, as I’ve been using it flawlessly for a while now and it’s incredibly convenient and simple to use! Being able to use your manaca card for ticketless boarding is a definite plus.
Those leaving one-star reviews should remember that forgetting your password isn’t the app’s fault! ;)
- Central Japan Railway Company
- 42.8 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Central Japan Railway Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.