*** App Store GAME OF THE DAY ***
*Recommended devices: iPhone 6S or newer, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4 or newer, due to 2GB RAM requirement
*** App Store Game Of The Day ***
*** Winner Best PC Game - DIGI Awards 2016 ***
*** Runner Up Best Indie Game - CVGAs 2016 ***
An epic space strategy RPG with base building, deep tactical combat, crew management, alien diplomacy, and emergent storytelling.
This Lightspeed Edition is a massively enhanced version of the Award Winning indie strategy RPG, Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander.
About Halcyon 6
On the edge of Terran space lies Halcyon 6, a derelict starbase left behind by a mysterious precursor race. Your mission is to reclaim the derelict station and rebuild it.A mysterious alien force is making a beeline towards Earth and this starbase is the best chance for the New Terran Federation to establish new alliances, research new technologies and otherwise figure out a way to stop the impending invasion.
Using only the resources you can salvage from the derelict station and gathered from nearby star systems, it’s up to you to rebuild the starbase to lead the Terran Republic’s scientific research, exploration and diplomatic efforts on the edge of known space.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is a passion project whose design is inspired by our years spent playing classic games like Star Control, Master of Orion, X-COM, Civilization and new classics like FTL.
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition brings together the original Halcyon 6 base game along with all of the additional content (Combat & Customization, Diplomatic Diversions, Loot’em Up, and Morale Booster updates) released since launch in Sept 2016 as well as brand new Lightspeed Edition optimizations and features as follows:
- Greatly speeds up progression and tightens the campaign to an action and adventure packed 12 hrs depending on your play style and pace
Streamlined All Systems
- For faster progression, including economy, starbase, resources, and officer levelling.
New Officer Progression System
With 6 subclasses, 3 Prestige classes, new skill tree, and over 20+ new Prestige/Epic powers.
New Ship Loadout and Config Screen
- Will let you customize loadouts (and save them) for your ships just before entering combat
New Difficulty Mode
- Called Vice Admiral and slightly increased difficulty across the board
- Includes 25+ new alien faction space combat abilities, more combos for both players and enemies, increased faction weaknesses and resistances, and other balancing tweaks
New UI Overhaul
- Designed for greater readability and usability. Many many UI quality of life enhancements to all areas of the game, too many to list here.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Thank you for your ratings and reviews, making us App Store's Game of the Day!
Your support helps us to continually improve the game!
- Fixed stability issues caused by frequent reloading
- Various optimization improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I’m looking forward to a long love affair with this game. Only been playing for a day now, but I love the genre, the snarky wit, and the way options are presented in every facet of the game.
You’ve probably noticed the negative reviews based on UI problems selecting the right button. I can’t speak to the problems on a phone, but I’ll tell you that those problems don’t exist on a tablet. I’m playing on an iPad mini, and I have had no playability issues whatsoever. I can see how it could be an issue on a smaller screen (so be warned) but on a tablet this game is gold.
Very well developed game from what I’ve seen so far; I might lower this 5* rating if I run into huge problems with it later, but so far everything I’ve seen tells me that this is a gem. Sad to see that the last update was three years ago, but it looks like there is plenty enough content to justify the purchase.
Fun game overall but the UI is bad enough to hamper enjoyment
I love the concept, and it’s a nice combo of mechanics that I enjoy. The x-com style base building is fun, and I like that it’s a full game for one purchase.
BUT, as others seem to have noted, the UI is rather poor. It might work better on a tablet, but if you’re going to charge this much for a game and sell it for phones, you need to put more work into making it playable. The officer select area at the bottom of the screen is ridiculous. It’s straight up impossible to select some of the options at the bottom of pop up windows like the officer skill trees, because it selects an officer and kicks me out of what I’m doing, even if my finger isn’t even touching the officer selection. The hitbox on that button is way too huge, and it should not be prioritized over windows that are opened on top of it.
It’s frustrating enough that it has frankly made me want to stop playing the game. It’s a complaint that I noticed when reading reviews before purchase, but it’s hard to understand just how constant and annoying it is before you’ve experienced it yourself. Since you’ve already got my money, and this is a two year old game, I’ll just have to remember and avoid this developer in the future if this does not get fixed.
Great experience, with maybe a complaint or two about bugs
This is a spectacular game, with great strategic depth ( particularly when assembling your fleet and preparing their ability selections for battle ). Despite some stability bugs I enjoyed this so much I am on my second playthrough, at a higher difficulty level. Speaking of which, make sure to challenge yourself to do the same! You really start to have to plan out each fight around weaknesses and strengths that you might not otherwise have done.
Now a note on stability: a recent update did improve it, but I think a long running game still does slow down over time ( although it looks like it is getting better ). The UI could use a couple more tweaks to be friendly to phones, a good place to start might be adjusting how captain tokens are displayed once you get a large number of them.
Developer Response ,
Good news, the update we just released has fixed the load crashing issue and we've optimized it for lower memory devices as well. Thanks for your patience!
The developer, Massive Damage, Inc., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Massive Damage, Inc.
- 1.3 GB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2016 Massive Damage, Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.