“Interactive TV that works is finally here” - Polygon
Welcome to the power of choice. At eko, we are inventing a completely new form of entertainment as the world’s first interactive video platform. Our shows turn viewers into participants, providing them an unprecedented ability to seamlessly affect, control and influence the storylines as they unfold.
On this app:
* Pick a perspective: Decide which character you want to follow in any scene, and get their perspective on the story
* Make big decisions: Key moments are split into different options, and your decision determines the outcome
* Uncover infinite possibilities: Every time you watch the story changes
* Special delivery: New shows and experiences will be added regularly for you to enjoy
* Stream or download for offline viewing, straight from the app!
Enjoy the following interactive shows and much more exclusive content currently available on the eko app:
* Wizard School Dropout: Andy is a wizard school dropout determined to make it in the humdrum world. You'll help Andy navigate adulthood by making magic choices that help her start a business, form relationships, and even gain special powers.
* Epic Night: Three friends set out to make the most of their last night of college. The viewer plays as Martin, attempting to balance charming his crush and comforting his broken-hearted best friend, all amid an epic quest to get into an exclusive music festival.
* The Coop: After a housemate on a reality TV show is mysteriously murdered on New Year’s Eve, you, the viewer will have to decide which of the remaining cast mates killed him, and why they did it.
* Timeline: When Dee’s phone mysteriously gains the ability to see into the future, she might just have a chance of surviving high school. You'll help Dee figure out why her best friend is giving her the silent treatment and how she can get closer to her crush.
* Clothes Call: In this interactive fashion show, fabulous fashion icon Nina Garcia challenges you to step into the shoes of a professional stylist. Will you avoid fashion faux pas and win her approval?
* BuzzFeed: Interactive Tasty: In partnership with the world's largest social food network, this interactive cooking series invites you the viewer to personalize recipes with choice moments that reflect your specific taste.
* Cook Together: Ever wanted to cook alongside a professional chef? Here's a chance to learn the best techniques in a fully interactive experience that moves at your pace. You choose the ingredients, increase the serving sizes and get extra help whenever you need it.
* Make or Break: Fueled by a passion for turning someone’s trash into our treasure, Make or Break is an eko interactive video show that injects a full dose of excitement into the DIY world.
* BuzzFeed: Interactive Quizzes: An interactive take on a wildly popular format, you're in the drivers seat of this interactive trip. BUCKLE UP, ANSWER QUICKLY, and #SHARE your results with your friends!
Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun and effective! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Would like to start by saying that a lot of people have given this app bad reviews due to the app crashing. For me, it crashed twice, took me to the home page, but saved where I left off and continued as normal. It can’t have been easy to make a game where the players choose what the character of a Live-Action T.V show does, especially when there are several choices several times throughout an episode; I fully enjoyed every second of the experience. A couple reviewers claimed that the game froze and stopped working completely; I have gone through an entire show twice(yes I have no life) and have not had that happen to me, so maybe it’s just their phones.🤷🏼♀️ On a more specific note, this app was SO much better than I imagined it would be. The acting is great, the plot is fantastic, and it definitely keeps the player entertained and intrigued. Not only is it a refreshing new way to enjoy a show, it also is funny and challenging without being stressful. For me this app is a 10/10; would recommend!
Wizard drop out
I have played this interactive series and it is amazing. It’s like watching a television show and playing a game. It really makes you feel like you are part of the show. I really hope y’all introduce more series and I can’t wait to try them all. I also played clothes call. I wish they gave you more clothes options instead of two to pick from cause if you pick the wrong one then you next options linked to it. So I guess I wish the options were more independent of each other and not linked to your first choice cause I may have pick a different shoe if I had the option you don’t have much to work with. But overall the app it self is awesome. I love it!
Interesting Idea…If It Worked
I’m sure a lot of this has to do with my phone being a few years old…but so are a lot of people’s phones, so I don’t feel unjustified. Video playback was a nightmare: I got about 2 seconds per frame, with audio stuttering throughout. Occasionally it froze for so long that I missed an entire choice I was supposed to make.
A lot of things could be done with this to make it interesting, and I hope they are done, but from what I saw, it was halfway between traditional video and interactive experience (also known as a game), with the worst of both video and games, rather than the best of both. I felt like I was watching a character external from myself, not playing a role like in many games, but unlike any traditional video, I was expected to understand the internal workings of a character whom I had no special information for. If you want to interact and play a role in telling a story, go all the way and check out something like one of Telltale’s games, Her Story, or Device 6, to name a few. If you want to watch video, just pick from any of the tons of streaming apps available, let it play back (mostly) without stuttering, and maybe use the passive nature to multi-task something else.
- JBF Interlude Ltd.
- 58.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © eko
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.