The UV index forecast is a tool you can use to protect yourself from ultraviolet (UV) radiation. It lets you know when you do and when you don't need sun protection. App showing you the current UV index for your, or any other location in the world.
Ultraviolet radiation from the Sun has many healthy properties, but overexposure can affects your health. An excessive amount can have sever effects, such as sunburn, eye damage, skin cancer, skin aging and immune suppression. So it's important to know the current ultraviolet radiation so you can protect yourself.
- current local UV Index
- animated gauge that displays the hour-by-hour UV index
- display advices on how to protect based on the current UV Index( recommended protection, required equipment, sunblock information)
- exposure time recommendations and protection instructions.
- search function to find out the UV level worldwide
- find out how long you can spend in the sun without sunscreen by taking a personalized skin type assessment.
Protect your skin and health from dangerous ultraviolet (UV) radiation with our free and simple to use app!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
* updated review *
This app is laid out nicely. My first issue with the app was it not being able to load. I found a way around the non loading glitch. If I select my skin type again it will properly load the UV index. Without doing that the UV doesn't update. If it loaded on it's own I'd give this product a 4 star.
Developer Response ,
What is 'loading issue'? You didn't receive UV index hour-by-hour? Could you send me your location? You can get in touch with me via firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.