AutoWake is the first haptic smart alarm for your Watch.
It can wake you up by tapping you on your wrist using your Watch's haptic engine. You can set it to wake you if you are in light or medium sleep either 15 or 30 minutes before your set alarm time. This helps you feel more refreshed.
There's an optional sleep cycle buster that you can turn on to give you a light tap at 5 minute intervals in a 15 or 30 minute window before your alarm to take you gently out of deeper sleep.
Not only that but it will even automatically measure your waking pulse just before the alarm sounds, which is a valuable measurement of recovery.
If you ignore the alarm on the Watch, you can also set a safety alarm that will play on your phone. This will speak and/or play a chosen song from your music library.
There's also auto scheduled alarms in case you forget to set your alarm before bed.
If you use AutoSleep our auto sleep tracker, you can use the new ultra smart alarm features. You can now be woken up after a desired amount of sleep, quality sleep or when your sleep bank is back in credit. You can use this in conjunction with a latest wake time if required. You can even set a bedtime reminder that looks at your required sleep, sleep efficiency and latest wake time to give you a reminder for the optimal time to go to bed.
When you turn on your alarm, it can automatically tell AutoSleep that you have gone to bed so that time to fall asleep can be tracked.
If you use Apple HomeKit then you can run scenes for key events in AutoWake like turning off your bedside lamp and setting your room temperature for sleep.
AutoWake requires an Apple Watch running WatchOS 4 or higher. Advanced features requires WatchOS 5.
AutoWake works fine with Do Not Disturb and Theatre/Cinema mode.
AutoWake requires at least a bluetooth connection between your iPhone and your Apple Watch during the time that you are asleep. You can use Flight Mode on your iPhone, but make sure that you turn on bluetooth.
If you user Screen Time, make sure that AutoWake is in your exclude list.
As with all of our apps, there is no tracking, no analytics, no snooping. Your privacy is very important.
Here's AutoWake 3. It's a big update!
- All alarms are now set directly on the Apple Watch in a rather tasty new way.
- If you use AutoSleep & have WatchOS 5 you can now set advanced ultra smart alarms. These allow you to set a sleep goal, quality goal or sleep bank goal. AutoWake can then do things like set an alarm every Friday after you achieve 8 hours sleep but no later than 7:30AM with an intelligent reminder 60 minutes before the best time to go to bed. Ultra smart alarms can help you hit your sleep goal as well as to prevent oversleeping.
- Scheduled backup alarms are now both more flexible and more straightforward.
- iPhone app is greatly simplified.
- Support for every Infograph complication format on the Series 4 Watch.
- Smartwake options now include "bump" only. This will tap you every 5 minutes before your final alarm time to take you out of deeper sleep.
- You can now change the voice to use for confirmations and safety alarms.
Hope you like it! Pleasant dreams.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great in Theory not in Practice
App wants to be great but can’t quite get there.
I liked the various options to wake you in your lighter sleep stages and the way you can schedule different alarms to go off on different days. It’s even nice that you can do that from the watch itself. What’s frustrating is you can ONLY do it from the Watch and the functionality is to complicated and clunky to be a watch only mechanism.
- Deducted one star because there is no on-phone functionality for setting, adjusting or turning off alarms
- Deducted one star because Of how complicated all of the alarm setting features are - it’s not a smooth nor intuitive system
- Deducted one star - and this is my big issue and why I won’t use the app anymore - when turning an alarm off early it DOES NOT WORK. Several times I’ve wanted to turn the alarm off or change it to another time and it simply doesn’t work after a certain point in the night. It just continues to blink “wait” but doesn’t turn off. HOWEVER - it I do that, then it seems to cause an issue with the app for the next 24 hours and the next alarm WON’T WORK at all. Very frustrating and could cause issues if you’re counting on the alarm to actually do what it needs to to wake you up.
Disappointed because I like the other two features it integrates with. If they could fix these issues I’d be more than happy to try again but as it stands now the app is useless.
Worth the effort!
This app has some really smart features that I didn’t anticipate when I decided to buy it along with AutoSleep and HeartWatch. All three work together in a sense so, “why not?” I thought. When I got around to start using it, I was pleasantly surprised at how you can choose to have it wake you within a set time period, 15 minutes for example, prior to your alarm time setting if you’re in a light sleep or medium sleep stage, again, your choice of which one. You can have the watch give you a “nudge” or a “tickle” and after a preview, decide if it’s something you want to use or not. You do have to put in some effort to review and possibly tweak the settings each night as well as confirm the alarm has been set but it’s a quick and easy process. I haven’t had any issues with changing alarm times or settings one day to the next so maybe there’s been an update from when another reviewer mentioned those problems...? I have narcolepsy and the features mentioned earlier are great to try out for someone like myself who has to pay close attention to not only consistency with my sleep but also with my wake schedule.
So close to greatness
I agree with some of the other reviewer’s that there’s a few bugs. I’m trying to perfectly describe the case, but there are a few times that I set an alarm and perhaps the acknowledgment on the phone didn’t fire, resulting in the alarm not going off. I also get a little confused by the audio back up, there has been a few times I’ve had trouble turning it off and have to close or re-open the app. I could try and better document these bugs for the developer if they’re interested. Despite all this I have figured out how to use this app successfully and use this as my primary alarm clock in the mornings. My favorite feature is that it will wake you up during your light phase of sleep. I have noticed a drastic difference when I use a smart alarm like this one versus a standard alarm, that cares not for your sleep cycle. Still working on my sleep health but this is a great tool in the toolbox. Would love to see the developer continue this app making the UI a little more intuitive and crushing bugs. This app is so close to greatness just needs a little bit more polishing to make it more reliable and intuitive for users. Thanks for your hard work!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- TANTSISSA HOLDINGS PTY LTD
- 9.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Tantsissa Holding Pty Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.