It’s an app for smartphones that have ARKit support that lets users decorate their spaces with anime digital figures made with 3DCG.
AR makes it possible to enjoy the figures in plenty of ways, such as changing their poses or their sizes to the user’s desire.
***Users can create their own detailed poses using four sprays***
(1) Size Spray
Users can change sizes between 1/1, 1/4, 1/7, 1/60, and 1/144.
(2) Pose Spray
Users can move the joints to create their favorite poses.
(3) Facial Spray
Users can adjust the figures’ expressions by tapping the numbers that appear to the left and right.
(4) Transformation spray
Users can change the figure figure.
(Only some figures are supported.)
***How to Play with HoloModels™***
(1) Calibrate the camera by having the app recognize the floor and walls, and then make the digital figure rack appear.
The rack will hold the digital figure packages and sprays that a user has.
(2) When a particular package is tapped, the digital figure will appear, and it can be put wherever the user would like.
(3) When the sprays in the rack are used, the user can perform different operations.
*The sprays available vary based on digital figure.
***The Three Types of Items Make It Even More Fun***
Each digital figure comes with a set of accessories that lets users have even more fun with them.
Holdable items that users can make the digital figure hold in their hands.
Ornaments that users can place on the same plane as the digital figure.
Stickers that users can set anywhere in the space.
***Operational Points to Note***
- The digital figures are best displayed against floors or walls made of wood or other plain patterns. Please do not cover the back camera when using this app.
- The selectable options (digital figure, sprays, etc.) can be changed completely by layering the option over the + on the screen. When the + gets surrounded by a ○, it can be changed.
- When the + has turned into a ○, a long press will make it go into “Handheld Mode.”
- If the spray is tapped quickly while in Handheld Mode, it will spray so users can perform each operation.
- When the DONE button above the digital figure’s head is pressed, the adjustment of the figures will be complete.
This app can only be used on devices that support ARKit2.0. Currently, this means iPhone 6s or newer running iOS12 or newer.
-For Inquiries or Bug Reports-
Please contact us using the inquiry form on the official site.
By ©Gugenka® from CS-REPORTERS.INC
©HoloModels™/©Gugenka® from CS-REPORTERS.INC
Extremely fun and a must have for any anime fan
I’m going to be honest here. I only bought the new iPhone XS Max just to get this app and enjoy it in its full glory. The app works flawlessly and the models look so real in your camera. It’s so fun to pose and play with the models. I’m also into figure collecting so this is a virtual way to do it without the limitation of an actual figure and without breaking the bank. The only negative is that there is no English translation BUT that will not stop you from using this app since it’s pretty straight forward. The other downside is that almost all their models are Japanese exclusive and can only be purchased if you’re from Japan. It looks like there’s only two models available for USA customers. I would have loved to purchase Rem and Emilia but alas...that is not possible. Anyway I still gave this a five star review because the app works flawlessly and as intended and you will have fun with the free model it comes with.
Haven’t tried it yet
I’m going to try it... for an experiment.
I updated my phone to where I can use this app correctly but every time it tells me to tilt my phone in landscape mode it does not work all I see is a black screen and boards in Japanese on the bottom left. Perhaps something I’m doing wrong already have an account and everything like that.
Your iPhone may be unsupported.
This application must be an iPhone that can use ARKit.
A model compatible with ARKit
Please contact me if it is compatible.
In case of non-compliance, please reevaluate.