Workout Mix Music Player is a player and playlist creator specifically designed to create playlists with songs in your media library matching the right BPM (beats per minute) or tempo needed for your preferred workout or exercise.
BPM or tempo values are preloaded, so that playlists are immediately created and displayed. Workout Mix Music Player presents three intensity levels for running, walking, cycling and elliptical workouts, allowing you to run your exercise at your pace while playing the music in your media library that has a perfect match with it.
Playlists can be created easily, and you can refresh them as many times as you want, so that new songs are picked for your every time you need a new sport workout mix. Your perfect playlist for running, walking or cycling will be ready in your device with just a few taps!
How To Create the Perfect Mix for your Workout
1. Set up the duration of you training: The app will add as many songs as needed to the playlists, to meet your target duration. You can listen to you favourite music during all your workout time, without worrying about picking new songs.
2. Choose your workout type: You can select between walking, running, cycling and elliptical workouts. Each type of workout requires songs with different beats per minute or tempo.
3. Choose your intensity level or pace: You will be presented with three intensity levels for the selected workout, each one showing the lower and upper values of the range of beats per minute that the songs in that level have. Tap on the level that you want to exercise, and a playlist will be automatically created with the songs in your library that belongs to this range of BPM or tempo values.
4. Optionally, apply filters to polish you list: You can filter the songs in the playlist by rating and play count, so that you can exercise your workout with the mix of songs in you library that you like best.
5. Load and play the list: Tap on the play button to start listening your selected playlist.
The Tempo of a Song
There is a correlation between the rhythmic speed or tempo of the music you are listening to and the quality of your athletic performance. To get the best of you workout, you have to choose the right tempo (beats per minute), so that it goes along with the rythm of you exercise. Some types of workouts will require fast-paced music, while others will benefit from smooth tempos.
This app is designed to find songs in your media library with the right tempo (beats per minute) for your workout, and create playlists with them. Using this app you can get playlists comprised of songs that automatically match the best tempo for running, walking, cycling or even exercising with the elliptical.
The Tempo of Your Music Library
Workout Mix Music Player is not a BPM calculator or detector. The app uses a curated database of beats per minute values already calculated for a huge number of songs. The chances of obtaining matches between the songs in your media library and the songs inside this internal database strongly depend on the quality of the metadata information of your library (song name and artist name). The better your media library is, the more the number of matches, thus your playlists will contain more number of songs for each workout type and level.
Some workout types, such as running and cycling, requires songs with higher beats per minute, while walking typically requires songs with low tempos. If the music in your media library belongs to genres that are not appropriate for high tempos, you will probably get few matches for your playlists. If this happens, try to add to your media library more songs belonging to genres that are more suitable for your workout.
This app does not access any external service for getting BPM values of the songs stored in your media libray. Only information stored whithing the app is used to create the playlists.
- Fixed issue with store front that prevented loading the view correctly.
- Updated background images for new iPhone screen sizes.
- Support for iOS13.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app, but ignores BPM from metadata
Love being able to make a workout mix in seconds without signing up for Spotify etc.
Three requests: First, if a BPM value is present in the song metadata please use that before checking the app's BPM database. Second, it's great that we see the song rating, but it would be even better if we can rate the current song or change its rating.
And finally, please add a feedback/contact option somewhere so users can make feature requests more easily. :)
- Ivan Nieto Perez
- 40.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Ivan Nieto Perez
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Filter Settings $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.