A simple, elegant nightstand clock made for iPhones with OLED screens.
Because only the active pixels light up, you can have the time displayed all night without being kept awake by light leaking. And if it's still too light for you - just slide your finger over the screen to dim the clock display or select a less intense color by tapping the time.
* Display date and battery under the time. Or not.
* Touch the time to set the color.
* Slide up and down to set the intensity.
* Pinch to resize font.
* Works equally well in portrait and landscape modes.
* The time always moves to ensure no burn-in.
* Very low power consumption.
* No ads, no in app-purchases, this is a labour of love, not some way of making money
That's it, really. Instead of having loads of functions, this app tries to do one thing and to do it well.
There are no advanced color pickers (we chose five nice colors for you!), no alarms, no background images, no distracting information.
Just the time (and date and battery), beautifully displayed.
Keep the time visible at all times while you sleep or daydream.
Full source code can be found at https://gitlab.com/kvasbo/natta
Bug fixes and enhancements, probably nothing you'l notice!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent night stand clock
This app easily beats most - if not all - paid night stand clock apps. Very simple to operate, very clean. Love the resize feature. The swipe up-down feature for brightness is intuitive.
A few suggestions:
- For burn-in protection, I would prefer to pick a position on the screen (e.g. near top) and have the clock randomly auto-shift a few pixels left-right and up-down every 5 minutes or so.
- Would love to see a typical old-fashioned ‘digital clock’ font. This has the added benefit of each digit having a fixed width, which makes time changes less ‘jumpy’.
- Allow leading 0 before hour in 12h mode.
- I think most people will pick a color and stick with it. So perhaps better to move that to the Settings menu to avoid accidental color change when you meant to swipe.
But even without all that, this is an excellent night stand clock!
Great app, wish it could be invoked automatically...
This is a great app for what it does. Just a super simple clock on the home screen when charging at night. The only change I might would make would be to have an option to disable the screen taps from changing the look and color. I find myself hitting those accidentally. This app is something Apple should have done from the get go. The watch has night stand mode, why not the phone?
Developer Response ,
Hi! That's a very good idea for a setting/feature. Will implement. Thanks!
Lovely Minimalist Clock
A lovely, minimalist clock from a talented and generous developer who still understands and respects user privacy—“just as it should be.” While it appears that Natta may no longer be in development, it would be perfect if there were a setting for hiding the AM/PM indicator when using the 12-hour format to get the same ultra clean, minimalist look displayed with 24-hour time. Thank you, Audun for this best-in-class desk app. Exceptionally well done.
Developer Response ,
It is still in deveopment, just pretty much done. Will try to implement your suggestion!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.