From the creators of the National Audubon Society Field Guides and the National Wildlife Federation Guides comes an all-new, beautiful and intuitive guide to 259 North American reptiles, with more than 450 photographs, range maps and more. Includes the entire updated reptile text of the National Audubon Society series of field guides (22 million copies in print).
Utilizing the latest iOS technologies, you can:
• Search by name (common and scientific) using either keyboard or verbal search systems; type or speak all or part of a reptile’s name to search for its detailed account.
• Organize species alphabetically or taxonomically.
• Search by family, shape, habitat, region, color, size—or any combination.
Every species account contains the entire text content of the Audubon Guides to aquatic and terrestrial wildlife in North America—all recently updated—and features high-quality color photography. Touch to open any or all of the text sections and maps, and to enlarge photos.
Each species account contains:
• description with identification details
• habitat description
• range information
• range map
• discussion of the species’ behavior and other notable characteristics
• Family and Order information
• photos of similar species with links to those species’ accounts
• links to the Wikipedia entry for every species
The apps also contain note-taking and photo uploading functions. Keep a digital journal of your findings and share them with family, friends, and our growing online community.
Other Fieldstone Guide apps in this series include:
• Fieldstone Guide to Amphibians
• Fieldstone Guide to Birds
• Fieldstone Guide to Butterflies
• Fieldstone Guide to Insects & Spiders
• Fieldstone Guide to Mammals
Greetings, nature lovers! We're excited about this update and improvements coming soon to the Fieldstone Guide apps.
In this release we've added capabilities that allow for real-time taxonomic and data updates from our central CMS, which means more frequent content updates from us and fewer update downloads for you. This feature makes it much easier for us to continue to improve and update our content as we continue to expand our understanding of the wondrous natural world that we share.
We have more news about new content and improvements to our Fieldstone Guide apps coming soon, so stay tuned!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.