A TERRIFYING NEW ADVENTURE FROM THE CREATOR OF "HOME"!
TESTED TO WORK WITH:
- iPhone 5SE, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus and newer (8, X, XR, XS, etc.)
- iPad Air 2 (9.7") and newer
- iPad Air (10.5") and newer
- any iPad Pro
- iPad (9.7") 2017 and newer
- iPad Mini (2019) and newer
DOES NOT WORK WITH / HASN'T BEEN TESTED WITH:
- iPhone 5, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6/6 Plus
- iPad Air (< 2017)
- iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Mini 4
Not sure if your device is supported? Ask us at email@example.com !
WORSE THAN DEATH is a scary, emotional thriller about a high school reunion that goes horribly wrong. As Holly runs for her life, desperate to rescue her best friend Flynn from a terrible force that's hunting them both, she must survive unexpected truths about her home town, her friends, and even herself.
* * * * *
“For those who have been binge-watching the latest season of ‘Stranger Things,’ this like-minded genre mashup … may be a rather welcome dessert.”
— LOS ANGELES TIMES
4.5 / 5 STARS – "An incredible experience."
— TOUCH ARCADE
"I was hooked within minutes."
— MOBILE SYRUP
"Feels personal and terrifying at the same time."
— CGM ONLINE
* * * * *
A HAIR-RAISING ADVENTURE!
Run, leap, crawl and hide through eight chilling locales in this pulp horror adventure game. You'll solve puzzles, use items that you find, and unearth terrible truths. But watch out! You'll have to make careful use of your environment to slip past the unseen horrors that now haunt the halls of your wretched home town. Make too much noise near a monster and it'll hear you, sending you fleeing to the next room for safety.
• Smoothly animated 2D visuals fused with original, high-res art drawn entirely by hand on an iPad Pro!
• Action-adventure gameplay that sees you crawling under objects, vaulting over obstacles, and racing for the nearest hiding spot to stay safe
• Rich, 3D positional audio that will get under your skin
• NEW! Three difficulty modes for extra challenge!
It's not you, it's US. We had to fix something, so this update includes all of what made v1.0.4 so spooky:
• new HARD and NIGHTMARE difficulty modes for extra challenge and replayability! Think you can sneak past those terrible things without getting caught? Lose all your lives and it's good-bye, save game! Hard mode is available right away; finish the game on this setting to unlock the extra-tough Nightmare difficulty!
• improved hints for certain puzzles to avoid confusion
• updated pathing for monsters in the final area to make things a little fairer
• a fix for a weird, rare bug where the projector puzzle could be solved prematurely
• improved checkpoints in certain levels
• nigh-invisible adjustments to some text and graphics (because we’re obsessive)
As well as:
• a fix for an audio / volume bug that snuck in when we were asleep
Ratings and Reviews
Great visuals but story left me wanting more
I downloaded this game on a whim since pixel art and horror stories are both my jam. In regards to visuals, I was not disappointed. The lighting and environment are beautiful and wonderfully detailed despite the pixelated style. The “closer examination” artwork is also nicely stylized without detracting from the ominous atmosphere.
My only issue, which is a rather large one for me, was with the story itself. Obviously I don’t want to spoil anything, but there were aspects about the plot that just didn’t seem to make sense in the light of the final conclusion, and overall it felt pretty lackluster and uninspired. There was nothing shocking or surprising and by the end of it I felt like I had had so many clues as to the conclusion that I was just ready for it to be over.
Overall, this wasn’t a bad game, but at the end of it I wasn’t exactly happy for having spent money on it either.
Fun puzzle-solving, deliciously grizzly, good story
This game is definitely worth the small handful of Loonies it costs. The story is fun to follow along and kept me engaged. Nothing groundbreaking—just a solid horror romp. The puzzles are not so hard that frustration gets in the way, but are still challenging enough to to be worth the effort. The character designs and overall aesthetic fit perfectly with the story. If I have any complaints, dodging the creature gets a bit tedious, but it’s a minor gripe and eventually you’ll learn strategies that work (Holly’s face when she gets caught is pretty great, though!). The app is cheap, so just buy it and enjoy a few fun evenings with headphones on in the dark. If it ain’t your jam, you’ve only lost the price of a cup of coffee. Me? I wore a stupid grin from the opening scene to the final (great) epilogue. Thanks!
A Solid Survival Horror Experience
It’s hard to come across actual horror titles on mobile so I’m happy to find them when I can. Overall this is pretty good for what it is. Controls and gameplay are very well done and had some effort put into them. I do wish the monster encounters weren’t so repetitive and simple but it could be far worse. Happy I gave this a try. Hope more people come across it as it deserves far more ratings.
- Benjamin Rivers Inc.
- 585.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Worse Than Death is © 2019 Benjamin Rivers Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.