Kitchen Guru puts a bit of cooking wisdom in your hands. Whether you're planning a holiday feast for a big crowd, grilling on a weekend afternoon or just figuring out what to make for dinner, Kitchen Guru can help make things easy. Six different tools are included that will come in handy throughout the cooking process:
- Recipe search - Search over 2 million recipes from 500+ top web recipe sources with a search tool powered by Edamam. When you've found that perfect recipe, you can share with your friends with your app of choice or save it to Notes.
- Convert between units of measure to adjust a recipe to work in units you're most familiar with. Includes units of volume, weight, temperature, pressure and time.
- Need to measure 100 grams of flour but don't have a scale? Prefer to use a scale but your recipe lists volumes? This app can help you interconvert weights and volumes for over 150 common ingredients.
- Scale a recipe's ingredient amounts to the number of servings you need, and then email the list to yourself or anyone else. Unlike other apps, Kitchen Guru allows you to work with the ENTIRE recipe so you don't have to write down the results from one-by-one scale-up calculations.
- Estimate roasting times for things like whole chickens, turkeys, prime ribs and fore ribs. Just select what you're roasting and enter the weight (in units of your choice) to get an estimated time at a suggested oven temperature. Also includes tips for each type of roast as well as internal temperature targets to know when to remove from the oven.
- Find Meat Doneness temperatures for different type of meats at different levels of doneness (e.g. medium rare, medium, well done). Just choose the type of meat and get a list of internal temperatures to help you get your meat cooked perfectly every time!
High resolution graphics work great on the iPhone X as well as any other device!
If you need a bit of help while you're using the app or would like to know more about the tool you're using, just press the "Info" icon at the top right corner of any screen to display screen-specific information and tips. Feedback is welcome, and each info screen contains a link to a form to send questions, comments or suggestions for the next version.
Kitchen Guru is a work of love. During development, the author started using it all the time for everyday meal preparation, and you may find yourself doing the same. Recipes found using the search tool have all turned out great, and is a great way to get new ideas.
Now let's get cooking!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just what I needed!
Finally! An app that lets me scale a full recipe and share via email in just a few clicks. It lets me quickly convert from/to mass and volume, and do unit conversions fast. The doneness and roasting times ensure my meat dishes are always cooked to perfection!
Thanks, Dr. T!
Not worth the money
You can search for recipes and select one and it will display the ingredients only. If you want to see the complete recipe, it simply forwards you to the web site where the recipe is located. If you just google the recipe in the first place you save $0.99 by cutting out this middle man of an app. What you cannot do is copy and paste the ingredients into the recipe scale section, you have to write down each ingredient and enter it manually. I rarely need to do this but if I did, I could use a recipe from a cook book and enter the info from there. I asked the developer if there’s a way to copy and paste the ingredients into the scale portion and got no reply so, although he encourages feedback and ideas for improvement, that’s apparently just lip service.
Exactly what I was looking for and easy to use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.