PLANT, IRRIGATE, AND GROW BAMBOO… BUT WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE APPETITE OF THE GREEDY IMPERIAL PANDA?
The Japanese emperor has called the very best gardeners in the empire to compete for the complicated task of caring for his sacred panda. Only the gardener with the very best plots of bamboo will be able to satisfy this picky animal!
Plant a bamboo forest around the emperor’s pond. Cultivate and irrigate your plots to grow all the types of bamboo the panda loves.
To beat your rivals, make improvements to your plots: build irrigation channels or add fertilizer to accelerate the growth of your bamboo… and pray that the weather is favorable!
The player who completes the most objectives wins the game. Only one gardener can win the emperor’s favor… So grab a rake!
- Simple and tactical gameplay adapted from the acclaimed board game, Takenoko, by Antoine Bauza.
- 1 to 4 players
- Play in single-player mode against the computer or your friends and the rest of the world in local or online multi-player!
- Chibis: an extension pack with all new objectives, new plots of land, and most importantly, Miss Panda and her babies. Available for purchase in the game shop!
Original board game awards:
- 2013 Ludoteca Ideale official selection
- 2013 winner of Games Magazine best new family game
- 2012 Tric Trac nomination
- 2012 winner of Lys public choice award
- 2012 nomination for JoTa best family board game
- 2012 nomination for Golden Geek best family board game
- 2012 nomination for the Golden Geek best kids’ board game
- 2012 winner of As d’Or-Jeu de l’Année
Languages available: French, English, German, Spanish and Italian.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Much potential, many glitches
My friends and I have been waiting for an app version of this game forever, so we rushed to download it when it finally came out. It’s gorgeous, and I love the Help Panda as I haven’t played in about a year (hubby doesn’t do board games, and my board game crew lives five states away). But it has several problems that are really barring it from living up to its full potential:
1) Online version hangs. My friend was able to make her move, the game tells me it’s my turn, but when I make a move, it tells me “Error: Not Your Turn.” It allows me to play my actions, with the error message each time, but does not register on my friend’s side.
2) No ability for single player? I’m not seeing an AI option.
3) When I attempt to purchase the Chibi expansion, the game tells me “Purchase Failed.”
Come on, Asmodee, give me the solid app experience I’ve come to expect from you and let me get some pandas the bamboo they so desperately want!
Beautiful glitchy game
It’s such a beautiful game but it chooses when to glitch and when not to. The AI will glitch by not finishing their turn. Then on my turn the action selection icons will not appear so I’m just stuck. I love that they allow you to try the expansion chibis! But I can’t buy it or play with it because of the glitches. Once this is updated I’m sure it’ll be a wonderful experience. From the games I could actually play, it’s an amazing adaptation of the board game
Game is almost unplayable with no undo function (that I could find). Way too easy to misplace or move something while simply trying to slide the game board around to see it through the clouds,storms,whatever.
- Asmodee Digital
- 468.2 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- ©2018 published by Asmodee Digital, Takenoko is co-edited by Bombyx & Matagot.
- In-App Purchases
- Takenoko - Chibis $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.