Fakey places you in a simulated social feed where you are faced with current news: some real and some fake. You interact with news articles just as you would on your favorite social media. Read any article in full if you're curious. The goal of the game is to become skilled at sharing or liking articles from real news sources, and fact-checking those from low credibility sources. Can you tell the difference? Learn to promote a trustworthy and informative social media experience. Compare your score on the game leaderboard. The news articles and sources are constantly updated.
This news literacy app is developed by researchers at the Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI) and the Center for Complex Networks and Systems (CNetS), at the IU School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Fun and educational!
The Fakey News game, from researchers at Indiana University, teaches you how to spot fake news sources when they appear on your Facebook or Twitter feed. Don’t share them!
- Indiana University
- 15.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Mihai Avram & Filippo Menczer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.