I built this app specifically to easily stay on top of my Hacker News reading. I hope you will find it useful as well. The app is free and open sourced under the MIT license.
Main Features include:
• Track both Read & Seen stories and easily hide them from your Stories Feed. This makes it easy to stay on top of the new stories, regardless of how often you have time to check for updates.
• Besides the usual HN feeds (Front Page, Top Stories, New Stories), you can also find Top Stories for custom periods of time: Last 24h, Past Week, Past Month, Past Year.
• And a special "SmartFeed" which can be configured with a custom period of back-history.
• Bookmark your favourite stories and track your reading History.
• Easy to Share. You can share the story with a tap. But you can also easily copy-paste portions of text from the comments. This is something which I really wanted so I could save ideas/links from the users comments.
• Dark Mode
• Easy to expand and collapse comments threads by tapping the cell
• Open story links in the built-in Safari view, with reader mode support. Or open them in Safari if you prefer.
• Universal app iPhone and iPad - both portrait and landscape.
You can find me on Twitter @leonte_dev
If you wish to contribute or add suggestions, this is the project's GitHub page: github.com/leontedev/Timely
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.