The Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile application has everything you need! If you hunt in Wisconsin, look no further. Whether you’re looking to find new public lands to explore, brush up on the regulations, save your secret hunting spot, or listen to podcasts – we’ve got you covered. With mobile mapping, up to the minute shooting hours, and much more, we’ve given you all the tools to focus on what’s important – enjoying your time in the outdoors.
- Build your experience based on what you hunt – Hunt Wild Wisconsin tailors mapping and regulations features based on which species you plan on pursuing – everything from zones to season dates
- Heading into the backcountry? You can access satellite and topographic maps, public land boundaries and regulations with (or without) a cell signal
- Tailor the map to your hunt – save your favorite hunting location or feature of interest
- Found a new hunting spot? You can save your trails for those early morning walk-ins
- You’ll never have to “guess” again - shooting hours are automatically determined by your location
- Easy to read summary of regulations, all in one place – everything you need to know, right in the palm of your hand with or without a cellular connection
- Access to your GoWild account allows you to purchase new hunting licenses, tags, and permits in the field
- Shoot that big buck? Use GameReg in the field to register your harvest with the Hunt Wild Wisconsin app
- Off the Record Podcast – listen in the truck, on your walk in, or pass time in the stand’
Having a problem with the app? Contact HuntWild@wisconsin.gov
Updated Early Teal Season Regulations
Ratings and Reviews
Good idea but...
The Go Wild website is really terrific. The app is not ready for prime time. Link to Go Wild is incomplete (doesn’t show all licenses for instance).
Rather than trying to create such a comprehensive app with mapping etc, how about just a slick, mobile version of Go Wild that gets the basics right. Add features later
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! The link to GoWild (My Licenses and Tags) contains all current hunting related tags/authorizations. Hunt Wild WI app does NOT have fishing information (at this time). Please make sure you are using the most recent build of the app to ensure the best possible experience!
I’ll give it a 3, but now changed to a 1
While I see what the DNR was going for ....the fact that they put out an unfinished app is troubling. I hope hunting and fishing dollars didn’t pay for this! On a iphone6s the load times are incredibly slow even when hooked to WiFi. The mapping is a joke... as hunt stand is easier to use. Come on guys you can do better than this. Interesting the other hunt Wisconsin app works fine why not just run with that ? There’s plenty of other mapping apps out there... we need rules, reg, season dates and open and close times and best times to hunt and fish!!! That’s it....Use the K.I.S.S. Rule .... maybe you’ll then have a winner
Updated: why must you constantly retype your email and password in? Why does the app keep telling me the email or pass is wrong... when it hasn’t changed! You people have made a real useless app here... it needs a simple back or exit button to get out of things that you accidentally hit... not then into a frustrating exercise in app use. Half of the features don’t work .... really? And that’s acceptable? Even with a linked account nothing really works!!! This ones a total loser ... get the other hunt wild Wisconsin ( the blaze orange one) at least everything works....
SHAME ON YOU WIDNR...like I stated before “ I hope sportmens dollars didn’t pay for this “
I’ve tried to delete and re download this app a million times in an attempt to logon. Sometimes it will allow me to logon but will never give me access to the maps, waypoints, tracks or regulations feature. It will often just not let me logon saying my password is incorrect. I’ve even changed my password a bunch of times but the problems continue to persist. I tried logging on with my google account but that always comes back with an error message saying it ran into problems. I am assuming that the DNR knows this is junk because I have emailed them at their stated app email account several times in the past 3 weeks and have had ZERO responses from them. This app is junk!
Developer Response ,
Clearly this was our fault - on behalf of the Wisconsin DNR I apologize for the poor service that you have been experiencing. Your password has now been reset - please check your email for additional information and if you experience any more difficulties please contact us again and I promise that you will receive a response that same business day.
Very best regards,
The Hunt Wild Support Team
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- 235.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.