KeyStage is a master controller, AUv3 host, and audio mixer app designed mainly for keyboard players. With KeyStage, you can simultaneously control any number of hardware and software instruments using any number of MIDI controllers in an organized way.
Each project consists of sections (which corresponds to sections of a song). In each section you can change sounds and sound parameters of connected instruments, create complex splits and layers of your keyboard(s), change the functionalities of sliders/knobs/pedals of your MIDI controllers by creating advanced MIDI mappings, view PDF and JPG files (e.g. sheet music) and lyrics, and much more.
TRY THE FREE LITE VERSION:
LIST OF FEATURES
• Connect any number of MIDI controller to any number of MIDI instruments by creating tracks.
• Assign any region of your keyboard(s) to any connected instrument.
• Change velocity curve and velocity limits, and create velocity splits and layers.
• Transpose notes and restrict notes to any key using pitch shifter.
• Create instrument presets to easily change sounds of instruments by choosing patch names from patch lists.
• KeyStage can also import Cubase Patch Scripts to automatically create instrument presets for your MIDI instruments.
• KeyStage automatically detects new MIDI connections and recommends matching instrument presets from a database.
• Simulate auto-sustain on any connected instrument.
• Change or filter any MIDI signal using custom translators. Use “Relative Control” switch to smoothly change the parameters of your instruments without any jumps.
• Use XY control unit to send control change and pitch bend messages to any connected MIDI instrument.
• Create setlists, quick access all the songs in a setlist from a setlist bar, move to previous/next songs from live console or using external MIDI.
• Create virtual MIDI inputs/outputs for KeyStage.
• Use virtual MIDI piano controller to play connected instruments.
• View PDF and JPG files. Link any page or region of any file to any section.
• Backup and restore your songs and global properties to Dropbox.
• Map special actions (like changing octaves, switching sections, changing pages of a PDF file) to notes and controllers using custom translators.
• Use MPE routing to control any MIDI instrument using MPE controllers like Seaboard. Use custom translators to change the functionalities of each MPE dimension.
• KeyStage supports smooth transitions between sections. Pressed notes will continue to sound when you switch sections.
The following features can be unlocked via in-app purchases
• Load AUv3 instruments, effects, and MIDI Processors.
• Create mixer units to combine audio signals, turning KeyStage into an audio mixer.
• With the player units, you can play wav, mp3, and m4a files, add marker points, automate actions (like play, stop, move to a marker etc.) using custom translators, or trigger certain events (like changing sections) when the player reaches a certain marker.
• Input units allows you to use the microphone input, or the hardware inputs of a connected audio interface.
• KeyStage has a multi-track recorder, which lets you record any number of tracks simultaneously.
• The Main Mixer view allows you to control volume levels and pans of all tracks, connect effect units, and connect units to mixer units.
• The transport controls allows you to play all instrument, effect, and MIDI processor audio units in sync with the built-in metronome. You can use global tempo and time signature, or assign different tempo and time signature to sections.
You can access demo videos and video tutorials on my Youtube channel.
• AUv3 hosting. KeyStage can now host instrument, effect, and MIDI processor audio units. (unlocked via in-app purchases)
• New mixer units allows you combine audio signals, turning KeyStage into an audio mixer (unlocked via in-app purchases)
• With the new player units, you can play wav, mp3, and m4a files, add marker points, automate actions (like play, stop, move to a marker etc.) using custom translators, or trigger certain events (like changing sections) when the player reaches a certain marker (unlocked via in-app purchases)
• New input units allows you to use the microphone input, or the hardware inputs of a connected audio interface. (unlocked via in-app purchases)
• New mixer view allows you to control volume levels and pans of all tracks, connect effect units, and connect units to mixer units.
• KeyStage 2.0 has a multi-track recorder, which lets you record any number of tracks simultaneously (unlocked via in-app purchases)
• The new transport controls allows you to play all instrument, effect, and MIDI processor audio units in sync with the built-in metronome. You can use global tempo and time signature, or assign different tempo and time signature to sections.
• With the new range limiter, part ranges are no longer limited to single intervals, you can now assign any set of notes and intervals.
• Additional minor tweaks, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Amazing the doors this app opens!
This app has just opened up amazing possibilities for the person who wants to use their iPad for live performance! The developer is very quick to answer questions and very helpful as well!
Now I can use multiple apps in live performance with one master keyboard controller (or more if I’d like) and quickly be able to switch between apps and switch patches inside of those apps! Outstanding! I just went from having to pause between songs to quickly change sounds and now I can have instant patch changes on the fly right in the middle of a song!
Worth every cent of the $15 I paid!
Now.... if only ALL iOS Music App developers would start to adapt some basic MIDI standards - like Program Changes!
What I’ve been waiting for
Finally an app that makes gigging with IOS musical instruments practical. I’ve used KeyStage for about a month. A bit of a learning curve but now I can quickly organize my favorite AU and IAA apps into songs and set lists. The developer has been very responsive and helpful when I’ve had questions. Designed by a gigging keyboardist for gigging musicians!
Godsend for iOS keyboard musicians
Takes some setting up and learning - but the tutorials are fantastic. Once up and running this really helps to unleash the power of combining iOS synths with your hardware gear.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ali Gokturk
- 50 MB
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Ali Göktürk
- In-App Purchases
- Instrument Units $7.99
- Effect Units $3.99
- MIDI Units $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.