READING JUST GOT BETTER!
Turn screen time into productive reading time. With the power of Augmented Reality (AR) and 3D elements, Bookful creates an engaging experience and brings stories and characters to life. Parents and educators love how Bookful transforms reading into an active learning experience.
Bookful holds the world’s largest 3D/AR library with hundreds of titles from leading publishers and brands such as; The Tale of Peter Rabbit, DK’s Encyclopedia, and children’s favorites; Barbie, My Little Pony, Thomas & Friends, Transformers, and The Smurfs.
• Hundreds of animated 3D/AR English books from leading publishers such as Penguin Random House, DK, Oxford University Press, Ladybird, and many more.
• New books, games, and educational features added regularly.
• Educational games and activities to encourage better comprehension and learning.
• Book quizzes that assist users with their reading comprehension skills, improve concentration, and contribute to the child’s knowledge in a variety of topics.
• New 5G features that allow users to enter the book environment and go on a journey to find objects from the story that are integrated into the users' own surroundings.
• Users can customize their own Avatar by purchasing outfits with stars they earn by reading books and answering quiz questions.
• A variety of reading levels and categories personalized for your child.
• Interactive and engaging books for early readers.
• Narration mode to encourage independent reading.
• Book recording feature to practice reading out loud.
• A personal area where children can save their creations and see their reading progression.
• Safe environment for your children. Kid-safe and ad-free. COPPA certified
PRESS AND EXPERT REVIEWS
*** Featured by Apple - Best New Apps ***
***National Parenting Product Awards - 2020***
*** Parent and Teacher Choice Award Winners ***
*** Mom’s Choice Awards Winners ***
*** Parents’ Choice Award for Funstuff ™ ***
*** Honorable mention in the 2019 Bologna’s Book Fair ***
*** Shortlist for International Excellence Award 2019 in the London Book Fair***
*** Startup of the Year Award 2018 for FutureBook Live***
“As the mom of a reluctant reader, I know all too well the push-pull of reading apps… Luckily, there are developers and book lovers who are collaborating to create something right where my kid’s interests and my intentions intersect. One of the latest is Bookful, which — as its tagline promises — brings books to life through augmented reality (AR)… In a word, it’s delightful.” - Parent (Brightly)
“This is awesome! A really wonderful app, my kids love it because it provides a great range of books and has amazing animations! Worth every penny!” -Caroline Thompson
“I bought this for my grandchildren about a week ago. They finally read more and they can engage with the characters and dance with them! It is a fun way to learn, but they don’t realize they are learning” -Harper_loves
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period
- The user may manage subscriptions & may turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to Bookful
Bookful supports the following devices (compatible with AR):
iPhone X and newer models
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPad Pro (all models)
iPad (5th + 6th generation)
Terms and Conditions
- Enjoy best-selling titles from leading publishers such as Oxford University Press, DK, Penguin Random House, and many more!
- Kids 3-8 enjoy a variety of books and educational activities personalized to their age and interests.
- Thomas the Tank Engine and Barbie have joined the Bookful library! Check out all-time favorite titles in Augmented Reality!
- Smurftastic news! Our favorite blue characters are back with fun titles and games.
- Introducing the NEW Bookful Avatar! Collect stars by completing books and games and start personalizing your Avatar!
- Get creative in Bookful's Augmented Reality paint game. New characters are now available!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I am a single 64 year old Episcopal priest and have no experience of children’s apps, but I have to say that Bookful is absolutely delightful. I could spend hours playing with it. I’m not a children’s educator but I have been a history professor at a couple of universities and the Greek myths seem to provide children with a very useful beginning in the Western canon.
Developer Response ,
We are glad that you are enjoying Bookful's extensive collection of titles!
Great app for kids reading
This app is great for kids learning to read. It keeps their attention and makes reading fun. There are a few issues and features that could make this app a lot better
1 for some reason the narration tends to cut out and require restarting a book or the app randomly
2 it would be great to add a read with me type function that allows kids to read and tap on a word when they get stuck
3 overall the app is a bit choppy/clunky and would be nice if it ran a little smoother
4 more interaction with the stories. There are a few store sites that react when you touch the picture, it would be free at to add more of them
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to give us precious feedback! We will work harder to make reading a more pleasant experience for our users. Do ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of our app as we are always working hard to make updates and fixes to our app!
I’m giving it a two stars because a could never actually use the app to its full potential due to the fact that the subscription prices are astronomical hight for a kids app! Keep that in mind before you download and waste your time! Not to mention the developers responses to all the negative feedback is pretty pathetic. What a terrible company. Seriously don’t give these idiots your hard earned money. They literally emailed me and tried to justify the cost of the app which didn’t make any sense at all. This is a company that does not care about children all they care about is the almighty dollar!!
Developer Response ,
We're very sorry you're disappointed! A completely free service would not be able to provide the same high-quality books, audio books, and educational games that Bookful offers. The subscription fee exists so that the authors, illustrators, filmmakers, and narrators of these books can get paid for their work.
- INCEPTION VR (ISRAEL) LTD
- 449.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Inception
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited AR&3D books $59.99
- Unlimited AR&3D books $20.99
- Unlimited AR&3D books $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.