Ulangi is completely free and open-source. It is an app for you to manage and learn vocabulary with ease and fun. No ads!
This app focuses on helping you to build and learn languages easily using popular learning methods, such as spaced repetition system (SRS), gamification, writing, quiz and so on. Please see feature list below.
* spaced repetition system (SRS) to schedule review (also known as Leitner box system)
* 4 different review strategies so that you can review cards in both directions (both terms and definitions)
* writing mode.
* quiz mode for testing vocabulary you learned.
* built-in dictionaries to make flashcards easier.
* built-in audio support
* built-in google translate.
* built-in image search.
* built-in suggestions.
* multi-tasking support (for tablets).
* auto backup and syncing flashcards.
* import/export from Anki or Quizlet through Google Sheets add-on
* add extra fields (additional information) for terms and definitions.
* create unlimited vocabulary flashcards.
* group flashcards by categories.
* auto archive based on conditions.
* bulk action support.
* support learning multiple languages.
* explore thousands of categorized sets.
* mini games for practicing learned vocabulary.
* search engine to find created flashcards.
* search engine to search dictionary by definitions.
* Dark mode
* offline accessible (partially)
* Arabic - English
* Czech - English
* Chinese - English
* Danish - English
* Dutch - English
* English - English
* French - English
* German - English
* Greek - English
* Hindi - English
* Hungarian - English
* Indonesian - English
* Italian - English
* Japanese - English
* Korean - English
* Norwegian - English
* Polish - English
* Portuguese - English
* Russian - English
* Slovak - English
* Spanish - English
* Swedish - English
* Turkish - English
* Ukrainian - English
* Vietnamese - English
The app is tailored by user feedback thus please send us any suggestions to make it better. Thank you.
* More features are coming. Stay tuned!
* Flag Icons made by Freepik from https://www.flaticon.com
* Social Icons made by Just UI from https://www.iconfinder.com/iconsets/social-icons-33
- Fix images not showing
Ratings and Reviews
I have had a great time using this app. I’ve used Anki on and off for 2 years while I’ve been learning Japanese. This app is simply nicer to use. The UI is better (that matters to me bigtime), the learning curve is MUCH less, and it feels more intuitive. I love Anki for its SRS algorithm, its extensibility, and ability to customize. And if you’re really in to doing all sorts of custom shenanigans to your cards, by all means use Anki. But if you’re like me, you’d like to be able to start creating cards, including the meaningful features (like use of a language dictionary, pronunciation guide, and the ability for multiple definitions/translations of a word or sentence), and start your phrase/sentence mining sometime within a week of downloading the app. With Anki, it feels like it takes FOREVER to set it up in any sort of meaningful way. And when I finally get a card template I’m happy with, I’m too exhausted to bother creating any cards. This app solves those problems, uses Anki’s guts and Algorithm, is OPEN SOURCE (as a software engineer, keeping that kind of transparency and community from the original Anki project is huge to me) and is easier on the eyes. I really really like this app. Especially because it is focused heavily on languages which is only use I have for SRS.
Awesome Language Learning App But..
I am using this app for my Spanish and it is VERY helpful. I LOVE the SRS feature. However, the pronunciation feature is able to be used on the initial word on the front of the flash card. If it could be used on the word that gets revealed, that would be AMAZING; because sometimes you don’t want the Spanish word first, you want the English word, THEN the revealed Spanish word with pronunciation. If you could make this change, that would be AWESOME! Thanks! :)
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
Many users have been asking us to implement reversed learning too so we will definitely implement it in the near future.
Wow, I am so happy this app exists
I’d been collecting vocab words on a Google spreadsheet and the spreadsheet was growing quite large. Also, I was finding it hard to practice and quiz myself using the spreadsheet. This app integrates beautifully and simply with my existing Google Doc - and the interface and learning tools within it work beautifully. I now have easy access to custom flash cards on both my iPad and iPhone.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Minh Loi
- 30.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Minh Loi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.