Tap water drinkability
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
FaucetSafe is a worldwide guide on where you can and shouldn’t drink the local tap water, that is updated in realtime. The information is compiled from multiple sources and FaucetSafe also has a comment system where locals and travelers alike can add further detail. Water potability often varies in small geographic areas (e.g. within cities) so FaucetSafe is designed to be a guide to where you can and can’t drink the water – both to save you costs as well as reduce the amount of plastic consumed by every traveler (in the form of water bottles). The information contained in FaucetSafe works offline and is updated with the latest water drinkability information when you have an Internet connection.
* The information is pulled from both official sources and based on the results of independent tests conducted on water supplies. In some parts of the world, local municipalities will say their water is drinkable when it may not be (for political or economic/tourism purposes).
* FaucetSafe is intended as an always up-to-date guide on where you can and can't drink the water when traveling, from general country information to cities and down to the neighborhood level in some areas.
* FaucetSafe is updated regularly in real-time with new information.
* FaucetSafe has a user comment system where users can add local knowledge about water drinking habits in any given area, neighborhood, city, country or pretty much anywhere.
* Users can also post questions in the comment section for other travelers or the administrator.
* All comments are rated by other users, so the most useful, informative responses are highlighted on top of the others.
After a 30-day free trial period a $29.99/year purchase will be applied to your iTunes account following confirmation of a Premium upgrade. Subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled within 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can cancel anytime with your iTunes account settings. Any unused portion of a free trial will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription. For more information, see our https://foxnomad.com/faucetsafe-terms-use/ and https://foxnomad.com/faucetsafe-privacy-policy/.
* Contains bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Good for travellers!
Knowing if u shouldn’t drink tap water at certain locations is very important. Serious consequences can happen to you gastrointestinal system if u drink untreated water.
Must-have for people who travel!
Easy to use app, and a great tool to have in your pocket on trips! It’s hard to keep track of where drinking water is safe, glad to have this app to make it easier.
Not very helpful in US
I was hoping this would help me find out concerns about my local water and the places we travel often in the US but there are just a dozen or so cities in the US with warnings. Otherwise it just shows you a blue dot where you are with no information. If you search for a city that's not a warning city it just places you in Kansas (the middle of the country) and says nothing found.
One of the warning cities is Beverly Hills, CA, which I tapped for more info but it doesn't give any -- just says water may not be potable. I went to the EWG water site (which you can use for free) and looked up Beverly Hills' water there and was able to read details about all 9 contaminants in their water and also find my local water and see mine too. The EWG doesn't say the BH water isn't potable or give a warning (though it has more contaminants than usual) so I wish this app gave some sort of explanation for saying that water is unsafe. I know why Flint's water has a warning but not any of the other US cities and also if those are the only unsafe cities or just the ones the app knows about and what the criteria is.
I'm sure this app is great for international travelers but for folks wanting more info and to know US water quality, I'd just head to the EWG page.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- foXnoMad, LLC
- 11.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © foXnoMad, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- FaucetSafe Premium Annual $29.99